Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

At last... the 2023 St Valentine's Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2023 at 03:59
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Well, I had hoped to find out what the 12 were but never mind

I think it's a bit early yet for definitive lists, I know there are people waiting until payday to buy their stamps and others are waiting for their stamps to arrive overseas.

A question to ponder in the meantime... Is a stamp a variation or a variant if the image is inverted but the maker's name (FfP) remains in the same position - and therefore what happens when the stamp including the maker's name is inverted? Variant or variation?
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2023 at 07:23
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

I think it's a bit early yet for definitive lists, I know there are people waiting until payday to buy their stamps and others are waiting for their stamps to arrive overseas.

A question to ponder in the meantime... Is a stamp a variation or a variant if the image is inverted but the maker's name (FfP) remains in the same position - and therefore what happens when the stamp including the maker's name is inverted? Variant or variation?
And what about when the inverted stamp is inverted? That's the really tricky one! WinkLOL
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2023 at 04:12
Lets give people a bit more time to find the variants ..... before asking Colin for the answers
as I said I think I've found 12 but there's probably more !
Here's another tete beche pair  ????

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2023 at 09:20

That is a question I have been asking myself too
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2023 at 06:00

That is a question I have been asking myself too
That's a Colin, or maybe a Niloc.
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2023 at 07:53
Originally posted by elmstead elmstead wrote:

Here's another tete beche pair  ????

To answer that question - It might help if you took a closer look at this pair and compare it to the first one 
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2023 at 01:54
I think the only way to judge this is from the recipient's point of view, so all deviations in the artwork (stamp or sheet) from standard are considered to result in a variant. 

Whereas a deviation from standard in the printing for example, produces a variation.

Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2023 at 06:42

I think the only way to judge this is from the recipient's point of view, so all deviations in the artwork (stamp or sheet) from standard are considered to result in a variant. 

Whereas a deviation from standard in the printing for example, produces a variation.
The difficulty for the recipient lies in knowing whether the deviation was in the artwork (i.e. by design artifice) or in the printing (i.e. by production fault). Only the producer knows this for certain. If he/she can recollect which variants they designed in. The record of history suggests that this recollection is not always infallible!WinkLOL
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2023 at 23:19
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

[QUOTE=Colin]The record of history suggests that this recollection is not always infallible!WinkLOL

It's true!  I am not a business so have to squeeze the design and artwork in when there's time and space and sometimes that can trip me up...

I can only hope that makes everything more collectable in the long run...

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2023 at 23:23
!!! IMPORTANT EARLY WARNING !!!

As in previous years the ebay listings will come down after 30 days...

THE LISTINGS FOR THIS YEAR'S VALENTINE'S ISSUE END ON FRIDAY 14TH APRIL

If anyone would like anything set aside for future purchase please let me know.

Thank you to everyone who has supported our efforts this year - and every year - it is very much appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>