Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

At last... the 2023 St Valentine's Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 10:55
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Thanks for the pointer to Steve’s listing Colin.  I’m relieved I didn’t imagine it!

And thanks for the stamps.  They all arrived safely just now.  I’ll wait for the folk with better eyesight than me to hunt down the variants!

Keith
So you've done a ceremonial unboxing of this issue, have you, Keith?

Oh yes!  I always open them and fiddle with the contents for a few minutes then put them to one side meaning to come back to them.  But i’ve never opened any of the LBEs. They always look so pristine I don’t have the heart.  So I’ve no idea what’s in them.  One day I might pluck up courage 

Keith
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 00:53
Only 8 of the "Early Bird" Special Delivery Packs left (11sold)* So, if anyone is hesitating, grab one now !

I've spotted 5 variants (so far). 
I bought some "Bags of stamps" and found variant1 (in each bag), a pair of variant 2 and two TeteBeche pairs of common stamps)
The First Day Cover** has the common & variant1 and it is also on the stamp sheet 
Spoiler Spoiler

row3 col8
and The Valentine card *** has the common, variant1 & variant2.
but it looks like..

variant3 is only available in the "Early Bird" stamp bag, 
variant4 is only in the "Special delivery" (or any order over £40) stamp bag 
and variant5 only in the "Forum Member" stamp bag
(unless any forum member has found these in their bag of stamps ????)

So Grab those packs now ( they also contain a stamped postcard and a informative "Birds of Laernu" card
You have been warned !

P.S. The stamps are beautiful (did I need to tell you something you knew already ?) highly detailed and even the (little) brown envelopes are exquisite (yet another reason to buy the special delivery package as the early bird, forum member and special delivery (L)BEs each have their own distinctive image) 

*(Presumably the 20th pack is in shared ownership between Alan And Colin)
**(Also available separately - limited edition of 50)
***(Also available separately - limited edition of 35)
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 03:18
The 20th Pack sold to someone locally here so I took it off the ebay stock.

There could be more Special Delivery packs if required, I ran out of big envelopes to pack them in but can make some more up if needed - but I have a fairly good idea how many will sell each year. 

These first issue packs of Isle of Vue stamps should become very collectable in years to come - there are so few of them  :-)

I'll leave you lovely people to work out the variants (Great start Andy, thank you!) - there is a real mixture this year, I tore up the test sheets and mixed them up in a box from which they have been pulled randomly for the bags...  Don't let me spoil the fun.  

I hope everyone here will trade their doubles, there should be enough to go round  :-)

Over to you all ...  :-)
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 05:17
I think I've found a sixth variant (in the LBEs)
FfP
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 06:44
Wonderful stuff Colin

I must admit to being surprised that you've managed these so soon after the delayed previous issue, assuming that Isle of Vue may have transplanted Vantentine's Day to the autumn.

My orders in, and looking forward to seeing them in the fleah
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 06:57
I have a complete catalogue of all Colin's stamps. It is, unsurprisingly, way to big to share by email.

However, I suggest you join the Cinderella Stamp Club, and very soon and gradually all will be revealed.

I know that there are options for file sharing like DropBox. Unfortunately my DropBox account has become screwed up after my daughter (inexpicably) loaded 1400 photos onto it for me. This broke the maximum limits of the free version and it seems the only way into it is to cough up the monthly charge for the premium edition.
I did share this catalogue there along with a Discworld stamp catalogue, with the strict instruction that neither were to be widely shared. I then found the DW cat being discussed by someone I had never heard of; someone who didn't even know it was me who had compiled it. One of the few who I had given obviously passed on access to others. Hence I am not obliged to resurrect that means of sharing such catalogues. Luckily there has been another avenue which has opened up - the CSC.
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 05:24
I think I've found ten variants - how are the rest of you doing ?
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2023 at 20:26
Its quite easy to spot some of the variants but several require a closer look

Spoiler Spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2023 at 04:09
Alan's artwork for the Isle of Vue stamps goes from strenght to strenghth, getting better each year. Such detail, and amazingly it all reduces down well to stamp size without loss of definition. You can still see that the leaves are oak leaves.

What Alan and Cloin turn up trumps with are stamps in the classic tradition; unlike Royal Mail these days. Looking at this year's releases from RM and you will see that, for the most part, a 10 year old with a grasp of a graphics package could have 'designed' them. Get a set of photo stills from whoever or whatever gets promoted, put the monarch's silhoette in one corner and a valu in another. Bingo! five minutes work.
Perhaps the stamps just wouldn't sell as well if they didn't use stock photographs. This may reflect on how casual collectors tastes have changed over the years. Do real collectors/philatelists still look for all the minute variations of the Machin definitives? I remember that each source such as sheets, coils, booklets and so on resulted in minute differences well beyond phosphor variations, gums and papers used.

It would be really nice if Royal Mail went back to it's postal roots and included some really good designs for at least a couple of issue per year.
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 05:01

Found this in one of my "Little Brown Stamp Bags" 
It looks like a Tete Beche Pair of Common stamps doesn't it ?
but take a closer look !! 

Spoiler Spoiler

(and this time its nothing to do with acorns)

Its definitely worth buying some LBEs (not just one)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>