Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2022 Isle of Vue Valentine's Issue...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2022 at 03:30
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

Wait a minute, are we sure this isn't some perverse April Fool's joke? I know what you're thinking, 'It's not April!', yeah well it ain't February either!!!! 😁

The joke is a little note inside suggesting that next year’s may be on time!  That’ll be the day! LOL
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2022 at 03:37
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

The box arrived safely Colin. There is a lot of stuff nside but I’m sure it’ll squeeze down small to allow me to get previous years sets into it! 😃

One positive effect of this issue being so late is it's almost Christmas - so you could ask your nearest and dearest to gift you a nice stout box for all your Cindy goodies!  
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 00:18
What a compilation of items and ideas!

It is going to take me till the weekend to sort and read through everything and log what Was in that box. There is so much going on, at least from first glance.

I think members need to scan and post (or at least describe) what they receieved apart from the stamp sheets. How many collector's cards and postcards are there? Did we all get the same Quantum stamps? Just how many variants are there?

Nice to see a mention of the Laernu triangles; will read soon, and to see a familiar image on one of the cards. Anybody else recognise it?

Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 07:02
Well, quite! I received my box yesterday and have opened it today and what an array of splendid items did spill forth from it. To such an extent that Colin felt that an index page of contents was a requirement this year. How organised! And much appreciated!

Time (at least as represented by the calendar) is an illusion to the man, but his (and Alan's) mastery of the two dimensions of space confined within his far-fetched philatelic terra firma is unreal. From my perspective, hours of fun to come and much table space required for laying everything out.

On the Laernu Trouven collectable cards, the stickers on the little brown envelopes note eight cards in one of the two sets and maybe imply eight also in the other. I have logged the numbers of the cards which I have, which I am missing, and which I have spares of. Here are the two lists behind spoiler tags in case you want to avoid any details until you have seen and checked over your own set.

Spoiler Spoiler

Bash & Crackwell: Have 2 3 4 7 8; Need 1 5 6; Swaps 3
Spoiler Spoiler

Turtle Conservation Society: Have 1 3 5 7; Need 2 4 6 8; Swaps 1 5

On the Quantum stamps, I got one in single form and three different (four stamps, one of which twice but a colour variant as far as I can tell) attached and tied by cancellation to the address label of the A4 envelope within my sturdy white box. Again, behind a spoiler tag.

Spoiler Spoiler

I had a mint single of the 60 Days Quantum Turkey and it, the 30 Days Quantum Rooster and the 90 Days Quantum Lobster (x2) on the A4 envelope.

Interested by your mention of "a familiar image". I wondered whether it is
Spoiler Spoiler

William Lole of mythical Gardens fame
on one of the postcards I received entitled
Spoiler Spoiler

'How to make your own turtle soup'.
But it will take a dig through my archives to check. What have you spotted?
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

What a compilation of items and ideas!

It is going to take me till the weekend to sort and read through everything and log what Was in that box. There is so much going on, at least from first glance.

I think members need to scan and post (or at least describe) what they receieved apart from the stamp sheets. How many collector's cards and postcards are there? Did we all get the same Quantum stamps? Just how many variants are there?

Nice to see a mention of the Laernu triangles; will read soon, and to see a familiar image on one of the cards. Anybody else recognise it?
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 09:19
The variant on the sheet of Turtle Stamps is easy to spot
Spoiler Spoiler

an extra fish at the top of the image
Particularly if you look at the commemorative covers !
and I've also spotted a second variant
Spoiler Spoiler

the turtle is eating a fish

The variant on the sheet of Tortoise shell Stamps is a little trickier
Spoiler Spoiler

on the LHS of the 1 FILIS reads downwards not upwards
and I've spotted a second variant 
Spoiler Spoiler

two dots are missing at the bottom of the stamp

BUT Has anyone had any luck spotting the third variants ?
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 11:30
For the Shell variants based on the proof sheet and as I see it
variant 2
Spoiler Spoiler

is missing dots and a deeper shade

variant 3
Spoiler Spoiler

is just a deeper shade
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 11:33
The Quantum stamps seem to be
30 Days Cockerel green
60 Days Turkey blue
90 Days Lobster red
I got the same as Joolz
The blue and green are quite similar blu my loose stamp held against the cancelled ones showed the differences
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 11:36
Postcards received

Turtle soup recipe
Mother's Bounty guest hose
Young woman on a porch photo, with Turtle regular stamp stamp cancelled
Hunting Turtles
Hunting Turtles with a bisect Shell stamp ½ Fillis

If anybody has anything different please share an image sometime
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 11:49
In the envelopes were

Early Bird: strip of 4 Shells - Variant 3, variant 2, variant 3 inverted, variant 2

Single stamps: 60 Dauys Quantum, regular Turtle, Shell regular, Shell with vertical perf for bisedt

Forum member: Strip of 4 Turtle variant 2 and one inverted

Late Late: Turtle variant 3 pair,one inverted, Turtle variant 3 pair
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2022 at 11:57
With the Collector's cards I received

Bash and Crackewell #s 1,2,3,5 and 7. spares of 3 and 5

Laernu turtles #s 1,5 and 7. with spare of 7

The familar image will only be familiar to those who subscribed to the Welsh Oddities series, and is on the B&C #5 card. I suspect some form of Whoniverse time rift playing its part.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>