Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Morningmoss stamps & philately.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Morningmoss stamps & philately.
    Posted: 03 December 2020 at 01:24
I was recently delighted to receive a beautiful collection of stamps and a catalogue from Morningmoss, a land I as yet know little about.

Morningmoss stamps, and the Postage Due set.

Some of the stamps show some famous Post Offices of the country,while others show the Postmaster-General, evidently a very competent individual.  Several are for Military Post, so it is nice that the Army is encouraged to be literate.

The collection arrived in a nice cover, and included a colour Catalogue for the Galeron colony Sides ov de North.  This has been published by a local stamp firm, Tanley & Ibbons, who have been in the philatelic game for many eons, and have a good reputation.  But it is for catalogue publishing they are most well-known.

The Tanley & Ibbons Galeron stamp catalogue, a full-colour book.

Thank you for these, Les.

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 01:34
A totally new one on me too, so thanks for sharing
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 02:54
I am impressed by the ornate figures of value on the Morningmoss "Postage Due" set!  This is from a font I have not been able to identify.  I will inquire of the designer.

Morningmoss: just in case you wondered where it is.

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2023 at 22:21
More of these are appearing, and these are just a taster, or teaser.

I see that the project actually dates back to 2020, and we all know what happened then! Hopefully we shall see these widely avaiable doon, as there is quite a back story to the lands where these hail from.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2023 at 07:08
Intriguing! Who is Les and where are they appearing?

Thanks
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 01:39
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

Thanks

I suspect Les is Les Taylor, the editor of Cinderella Philatelist.   He has also produced stamps from Merkwood, which, amazingly, are also catalogued by Tanley & Ibbons.  Here’s a link he sent me to the catalogue. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D-SDg0S_4-IC-8ShYe0SrM894eLyZTXf/view

He’s produced about 500 stamps so far. Maybe we should try to lure him onto the Forum. 

Keith
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 02:16
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

Thanks

I suspect Les is Les Taylor, the editor of Cinderella Philatelist.   He has also produced stamps from Merkwood, which, amazingly, are also catalogued by Tanley & Ibbons.  Here’s a link he sent me to the catalogue. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D-SDg0S_4-IC-8ShYe0SrM894eLyZTXf/view

He’s produced about 500 stamps so far. Maybe we should try to lure him onto the Forum. 

Keith

He is on the Forum Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 03:26
Job done!  I knew it was a good idea. 
LesT View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote LesT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 05:50
Here I am Keith, waving my hand up at the back of the class.

Panterra has a set that were never officially issued, this you could call my learning time. Those early Gareron are like rocking horse poo, they were printed digitally but I did not like the result, so I set about learning letterpress and redid everything over again.

The sides ov de North stamps have almost been reprinted but totally different to the ones in the catalogue, these may be finished sometime this year ... or not!

The Three Kingdoms in this set are printed from a photopolymer plate while the earlier run was from metal plates. with a magnifying glass you may work out which is which.

Looking at Panterra's image that was from the metal plates and not the latest stamps I sent him. He may come back and see the post office stamps are now a different colour.

O the joys of collecting stamps!

It's more than just paper
 Post Reply Post Reply