Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Links to other organisations > The Cinderella Stamp Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This quarter's magazine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 05:28
Good to see the Welsh Oddities being featured in the magazine at the same time as the launch of the new Caru book, Steve!

Did you plan it that way?  

I am really pleased to see you and your stamps getting the recognition they deserve, any chance of some new ones soon?  Please!
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 07:26
It wasn't planned to have the article and book published at the same time. I had planned the book for last year but certain things kept holding it up.
I have had some very pleasing comments passed onto me about the book, significantly all from people unaware of the links to the Welsh Oddities.

While I cannot say never again will I do any more stamps, the total failure of my last idea has left a bitter taste which I wouldn't want to be repeated. So, no stamps for the time being or a bit longer.
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 02:15
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

While I cannot say never again will I do any more stamps, the total failure of my last idea has left a bitter taste which I wouldn't want to be repeated.

Don't take it to heart Steve the stamps were only advertised here and as we only have four or five regular visitors, some of whom do not buy fantasy stamps, you should not base the popularity of your idea on the reaction of such a tiny sample.

Perhaps selling via ebay or your Mu Facebook page would gain you a wider audience?

I am very happy with my set  Wink  and I thought the idea was great fun with plenty of scope for further issues to follow, I am sure the market will be there if you pursue it.  
I began this forum as a place to discuss and share ALL cinderella stamps. It is my first forum and is not perfect BUT I will endeavour to make it the best available.

Any positive help appreciated!
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 01:03
Great to see, in the October 2020 issue of "The Cinderella Philatelist", Steve's wonderful report on the Welsh Philatelic Oddities!

He covers a huge amount of material there, and fortuitously, two pages are in full colour, which improves the stamp pictures tremendously. (Sadly, the other pages have to make do with black and grey photos.)

I wish I was a Welshperson, to be able to properly appreciate those gems.  Steve has kindly sent me a wonderful assortment of his past issues however, but I still think I should have learned Cymri.  (But it's never too late.  I may just tackle it after I finish learning Mongolian vertical script.)

ᠠᠵᠠ ᠵᠢᠷᠭᠠᠯ ᠲᠠᠢ ᠡᠳᠦᠷ ᠦᠳ ᠳ᠋ᠠᠬᠢᠨ ᠡᠨᠳᠡ ᠢᠷᠡᠯ᠎ᠡ᠄

Mongolian aphorism for Steve.

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 04:38
Thanks Bruce, much appreciated
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2021 at 10:33
Another gtreat article by Steve, this time  an update on Colin's stamps. Plus a mix of other intersting Cinderella articles.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2022 at 14:10
Sadly, the editor is very unwell and so, no July issue. Wishing Ken Grant a full recovery but he is in intensive care. 
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2022 at 04:20
I have heard from Ken, the editor.
After 2 weeks in ITU he is now in rehab and looking forward to being sent home. so good news there.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2022 at 01:52
Steve, that's good to hear. However, I understand that Ken has been hoping to retire for some time now but it has not been possible to find a successor. He will surely not return to the role anytime soon, if at all. Without a magazine, I would speculate that The Cinderella Stamp Club cannot survive!
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2022 at 02:59
You're not supposed to mention the elephant in the room Daniel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>