Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Links to other organisations > The Cinderella Stamp Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This quarter's magazine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LesT View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote LesT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This quarter's magazine
    Posted: 01 February 2024 at 00:26
Yes the magazine is growing in strength through it wonderful articles ..  the April magazine continues this incredible work by Steve with Colin and Alan's stamps... So don't miss out and grab yourself a copy. The magazine has even been digitised for those who like looking at bits n bytes. 
It's more than just paper
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2024 at 00:02
Just in case you hadn't noticed, the latest issue of the Cinderella Philatelist has a catalogue listing of Colin Edwards and Alan Batley's All Hallows Post Office stamps. Hopefully it is as complete as possible

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2024 at 14:00
B comes up, using an image search, as 1900 Ukraine  Lviv stamp in an Oldlouis Auction with the subject: Ukraine: Underground Post & Non-governmental 1900-1950 Issues, see https://stampauctionnetwork.com/iCatalog3.cfm?MAJGROUP=Ukraine%3A%20Underground%20Post%20%26%20Non%2Dgovernmental%20Issue&SrchFirm=OL&SrchSale=7
LesT View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote LesT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2024 at 06:02
Thanks for all the help with Keith previous stamps. I think the bug has bitten because he is back writing to me again. Can anyone help with these stamps?

LesT View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote LesT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2024 at 04:09
The problem is that nobody want to volunteer to run the website for the club, except if 'pictures of the Queen appear' on the table. What if you continue running this site and the club pays the fee's you have to pay to keep it up and running. Separate - but loosely linked to the Cinderella Stamp Club? And you still control it.  That's why I am prepared to find some of these pictures of the queen to help you to continue this service.  
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2024 at 03:43
Thanks Les.

Remembering what happened when our previous forum closed I know that it is not straightforward to transfer ownership without copyright and data protection issues - and data protection has become even more of an issue since then.

I would definitely recommend adding a forum to the CSC website, you would be starting fresh and you could set it up in a way that it actually belonged to the Club and not to any individual.

Anyone who has posted here can easily access copy their information and repost it elsewhere, indeed many of the posts here are already duplicated on other boards.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

LesT View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote LesT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2024 at 00:36
How about making this website part of the Cinderella Stamp Club, as Colin you have done a fantastic job of keeping collectors informed. Many of us search through your website looking for those illusive Cinderella answers. As well as being amazed at the depth of stamps that can be collected.

Please allow us to keep the site going as it is, I will gladly purchase the site from you to keep it going and to add much more content. PM me if interested in this option as I would not like to see it just die away.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2024 at 00:01
Originally posted by LesT LesT wrote:

Again Steve Thanks for your input. This just shows what a website can do for the Cinderella Stamp Club.

There are fewer than ten members here regularly posting new threads, or contributing to existing threads and it is not sufficient to justify this forum's existence - so I would encourage the CSC to add a forum to its own website if such discussions are to continue.  Hopefully, with a much larger and more enthisiastic membership to draw from, it would be a far more vibrant place.

However, I would also suggest adding a private messaging board as this attracts a lot more activity among stamp collectors than a public forum ever will.  We have far more people logging in to chat, trade and sell privately here than we ever get posting in public.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

LesT View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote LesT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2024 at 21:22
Again Steve Thanks for your input. This just shows what a website can do for the Cinderella Stamp Club.
LesT View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote LesT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2024 at 21:21
Can anyone crack stamps A and B from the October magazine ... and give them a name?  Fortunately I did crack stamp C.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>