Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Year 4 Forum Stampsheets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2014 at 00:27
Someone's now outbid me on "mine" (meaning "the one I happened to bid on").

Quite a range of winning bids on the three last night. I hope there aren't bidding wars this evening as I'll have to miss out.
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2014 at 23:47
PLEASE NOTE that due to previously set aside orders not being taken up, there are now more sheets of the forum anniversary stamps available if anyone has missed out.

Please PM Colin if you would still like a sheet.
I began this forum as a place to discuss and share ALL cinderella stamps. It is my first forum and is not perfect BUT I will endeavour to make it the best available.

Any positive help appreciated!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2014 at 03:14
So who was lucky enough to win the pairs? 

From what I can tell it appears some bidders bid (and won) more than one pair, surely a bit greedy!

If the forum uses this method of fundraising again another year could we have more than 6 pairs listed please?  Big smile
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2014 at 05:11
Originally posted by Fergus Fergus wrote:

From what I can tell it appears some bidders bid (and won) more than one pair, surely a bit greedy!

If the forum uses this method of fundraising again another year could we have more than 6 pairs listed please?  Big smile

I'll try to keep this short.

I was given permission by the winning stamp designer to put ONE of their prize sheets of 6 pairs up for sale.

eBay seemed the best place to do this with the minimum of inconvenience for me, and with the greatest audience - which would presumably include members from here. I posted here that the items were available on eBay, as did several other members during the time the stamps were listed. I even forewarned people here that the first 3 listings coincided with Doctor Who!

I cannot be responsible for who bids, how much they bid, or how many items they bid for. It is a FREE market. The fact that one of the listings sold at the starting price indicates that it was possible to win an auction at a low price.

I cannot predict that the winner of next year's competition will give away one of their winning sheets as a fundraiser so any idea of doing this differently another time will have to be tackled if and when it comes up.

In the meantime I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all those people who bid and for the generosity of the winning bids, and if you did bid and/or win more than one pair of stamps then you have every right to and are not 'being greedy' at all.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2014 at 05:35
Originally posted by Admin Admin wrote:

PLEASE NOTE that due to previously set aside orders not being taken up, there are now more sheets of the forum anniversary stamps available if anyone has missed out.

Please PM Colin if you would still like a sheet.

I thought I'd repeat this...

There are now a very few sheets of 2014 Forum Anniversary stamps available to anyone who might have missed out the first time around Wink

I began this forum as a place to discuss and share ALL cinderella stamps. It is my first forum and is not perfect BUT I will endeavour to make it the best available.

Any positive help appreciated!
doormatt View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote doormatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2014 at 03:38
Are there any more sheets (or even just a pair of singles) left that I could buy?

I was away when they were issued and missed everything   :-)

They look great by the way, congratulations to the winning designer!
New to cinderellas, but learning fast!
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2014 at 04:56
Hi - yes there are a limited number of sheets available and pairs too. Remember you are entitled to a free pair with the sheet, or with an sae.

PM me for details and I'll sort it out for you at the weekend.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Keegan View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keegan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2014 at 02:24
Strewth, Doctor Who must be good !!!
You can bid the highest amount you are happy to pay at ANY time and then go off and have a life -even if that does include Doctor Who.
Safe in the happy knowledge your bid will be weighed against others. If yours is highest you win, if it's not you don't
Simplessss............
Rehab is for quitters
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123