Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miscellaneous Gerald King Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2016 at 02:01
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I'm not sure if there are clubs and spades as well.  Maybe others will be able to help.

I was rooting through my Gerald King heap today and came across an envelope to me with a King of Clubs on a "King's Local Post" label on the front.  Its value is one copper groat.  So I assume there is a spade label too in order to make a full set.

Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2016 at 03:26
I'm having a rest from Wonderland, Snark & Lundy and getting up to date with the more obscure issues of Gerry King.

So I've added his reproduction of WWI labels from the magazine The Happy Home to the Miscellaneous pages on askme and you can find them just here.  Only 6 sheets exist.  Happy hunting!

I've also added two covers to the Alternative Burma page and these can be  seen at the bottom of this page.

Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 05:15
A few Gerry King Alternative Australia sets have started to appear on eBay.  As they are very rare I thought I'd add details of them to the askmeaboutstamps website and you can see them here.  If you like swans and kangaroos you'll be well pleased.

Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 04:09
Here you are Jesper - all four of the labels in a se tenant strip.

JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 06:36
Hi Keith,
Very nice se tenant strip... so they actually do exist all 4 of the labels... I haven't seen them all before....

... I must find them for my own collection... one day soon :-)

BR
Jesper

www.cinderellafan.com
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2016 at 11:31
I like the fact that the King of hearts is the high value card. 
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 04:26
I've added a new page to the askme website to cover Gerry's Alternative GB issues.  I was going to call it GB stamps from unadopted essays (snappy title) but, when I was scanning them I realised that not all meet that description.

I don't know too much about the original frames/essays so, if you have any knowledge about the background to any of the issues that will help me to flesh out the website I'd be pleased to hear it.

Here is a link to the page.

Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2016 at 04:37
Originally posted by JesperDK JesperDK wrote:

GB 1929 Postal Union Congress
Submitted but unadopted designs. Designer details on the back.

I've only just spotted your post Jesper.  I've checked and the low value set has the designer information added too!  Excellent.  I must look at the back of Gerry's stamps more often Confused

Keith
Londonbus1 View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2016 at 21:07

Issue for the 10th Anniversary of the Revenue Society, formerly The Revenue Society of Great Britain.

[The shading on the borders is from the scanning !]

JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2016 at 21:43
Hi Keith,

Great page about the "Gerald King - Alternative GB issues" ... so many interesting items ...

The page will definitely be very helpful...

Jesper
www.cinderellafan.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>