Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miscellaneous Gerald King Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 02:44
I shall ask nicely and report back.  They could be fake cinderellas - Gerald would like that.  Images from a Google search suggest to me that the top stamp might be the original as described by Daniel and the other three are Gerald versions.  I'll let you know.

Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2017 at 02:13
Gerry confirms my speculation that, having acquired the original Newfoundland Airship Company stamp, he "worked in the others" to produce the strip of 4.  He was amazed the discover that the original stamp was issued in 2004 so all we now know is that the Gerry King versions were produced some time between 2004 and 2012 (ish).  Can anyone throw any more light on the date?

Keith
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 14:03
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

I recently purchased a couple of blocks of the original Bahrain Camel Post stamps. I was fortunate insofar as they were not identified as being by Gerald King but I was able to recognise them from Keith's images. There used to be a pecking order for Gerald's stamps in this order; Wonderland, Lundy, Sark and Everything else with this later category being more readily affordable. These days almost anything by him commands a good price. Anyway, here are the stamps:

I've managed to purchase a couple of philatelic items, a postcard and an envelope (back and front shown), depicting these stamps presumably as sent in Bahrain by the person who commissioned them:

The envelope is addressed to a well-known Cinderella collector (blanked out to protect his privacy).
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 03:48
I envy you the card and the envelope Daniel  Well spotted too and I'm glad the website helped; I suspect there are not many of us who would have realised that these were Gerry King items - they must be as rare as hens' teeth.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2018 at 10:39
I came across a nice lot of Gerald's Bahrain Camel Post stamps, mainly the one with the green border, and including multiple imperforate blocks and singles. These imperforate versions all appear to be errors with the centre only inverted. In addition there are proofs of the centre camel design, again, both perforated and imperforate. An example of this is shown on the reverse of the envelope shown above.

Here are some scans:

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 12:00
These artistamps from Metapost are surely a tribute to Gerald's Camel Post:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345