Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Miscellaneous Gerald King Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2016 at 21:58

Canada ! LOL

Philatelic Congress of Great Britain, 2000.

JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 08:01
Hi all,

My collection of Gerald King Wonderland stamps is currently a big mix of hundreds of stamps from different printings (different ages) etc. 

I am trying get the stamps sorted.. in regards to age/printing... 

It isn't as easy as it sounds and I am hoping that someone from this Forum can help me getting started by posting some pictures of the following:

1) One or more of the stamps from the original first printing of the Wonderland series...
2) One or more of the stamps from the second printing of the Wonderland series...
3) One or more of the stamps from the third printing of the Wonderland series...
4) One or more of the stamps from the fourth printing of the Wonderland series...
5) Examples of later printings... or other things that could be helpful

Thanks in advance...

/Jesper

www.cinderellafan.com
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2016 at 06:40
I am in same position as you Jesper
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2016 at 11:27
Hi all,

Does anyone know what exact year (about 20 years ago) these "Gerald King - Newfoundland Airship Company" stamps were produced? ... and does have more information about them? ... I believe only 2 sets have been produced?

Thanks in advance...

www.cinderellafan.com
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2016 at 05:00
What a brilliant little set of stamps!  Lucky you. 

I began this forum as a place to discuss and share ALL cinderella stamps. It is my first forum and is not perfect BUT I will endeavour to make it the best available.

Any positive help appreciated!
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2016 at 21:38
Originally posted by JesperDK JesperDK wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone know what exact year (about 20 years ago) these "Gerald King - Newfoundland Airship Company" stamps were produced? ... and does have more information about them? ... I believe only 2 sets have been produced?

I don't know the exact answer but Gerald thinks it was 5 or 6 years ago. Mind you, knowing how time flies for us old folk it could just as well have been 20! 😜 . No more than 6 strips exist. Assuming Gerry and Jesper and I all have one who has the others? Come on, admit it.

Keith
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 03:51
Perhaps Gerry has 2 sets. Wasn't there kerfuffle when one set was posted on eBay and he withdrew them?
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2017 at 02:24
Inspired by Jesper's recent post, I've added the Newfoundland Airship Company to the Newfoundland page on Askme.

I can't spot where I've ever posted about the original Nefoundland Air essays that Gerry produced in 2003 and which caused a great stir at the time.  So you may all enjoy the whole page at the other end of this link.  http://www.askmeaboutstamps.com/?page_id=4147

Keith
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 11:23
Originally posted by JesperDK JesperDK wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance...

This is very curious. The Newfoundland Airship Company stamps were produced in Cambridge, Massachusetts from 2004, I believe, by someone working at Harvard and with links to Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. I have a few of the stamps, an essay, a cover and a boarding pass all lovingly created and I also have the top stamp of this set that you have featured. Most of the stamps have frames taken from the stamps of Newfoundland and feature airships and whaling vessels. On the reverse, they have the word Cinderella printed multiple times (early issues were stamped with the word 'faux' on the back). They were sold on eBay on an auction basis and I do not know in what quantity they were produced. Therefore, I do not believe that Gerald designed this set but were probably, as with his other Newfoundland set, copies. I haven't posted much recently but I'll try to show what I have in a separate thread.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 22:36
I love a mystery!  

Perhaps Keith could also ask Gerry what the true background to these stamps might be?

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>