Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events and meetings > What's going on?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DWcon 2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DWcon 2014
    Posted: 06 December 2013 at 01:51
I'm going to be there! Big smile Anyone else going?
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 10:25
Yeth! Yeth! Igor will be there trading!
Look forward to meeting you thereSmile
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Susanne View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2013 at 11:31
Yay!!  Can't wait to see you! Smile
unohoo View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote unohoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2014 at 19:15
Woohoo!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 01:50
While you are at the Discworld Convention could you ask Mr Pratchett to write about 6 more books just as quickly as he can, or alternatively release the old ones yet again with new cover styles.

That way the shelf at my local bookshop will fill up and the Robert Rankin books will move up to the top of the next shelf which will save me bending right down to look through them for any new ones. 

I am quite aware he has health problems of his own but I am sure he will understand.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 01:58
I'm going!  My first Discworld get-together since the Clarecraft Event in 2005 - does that count?

Does anyone know what stamps are planned ?
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 02:29
Originally posted by Charlie Charlie wrote:

That way the shelf at my local bookshop will fill up and the Robert Rankin books will move up to the top of the next shelf which will save me bending right down to look through them for any new ones. 
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 03:04
When Josh Kirby used to illustrate the covers of both Pratchett and Robert Rankin books I used to receive gifts of books from people who hadn't realised they were by different authors. At least it introduced me to RR's books!  I think the latest Rankin books covers are excellent - very distinctive and with broad appeal whereas Terry's are always such a mishmash of different versions and look a bit of a mess.
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 03:24
RR does his own artwork so is certain to reflect the books
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2014 at 04:09
Perfect - explains a lot!

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Post Reply Post Reply