Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We have a winner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2013 at 22:59
I can see this is going to take two years to sort out!  So I suggest we speed up the process by voting and this will also help Colin to know whether he has enough stamps left to make enough covers for everyone interested here, plus a few extra for those collectors who only pop in to the forum once a month.

I would be interested in buying a cover showing 3 years of forum stamps                                    1

I do NOT think a cover showing 3 years of forum stamps is a good idea                                        0

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                           1

I do not like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                0

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                               1

I do not like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                    0

Just 'quote' this thread and add your votes as required.

If you have any other comments to add then put them ina separate post on this thread so that the vote does not get cluttered.

Big smile

milkman View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote milkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 01:05

I would be interested in buying a cover showing 3 years of forum stamps                                    2

I do NOT think a cover showing 3 years of forum stamps is a good idea                                        0

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                           2

I do not like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                0

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                               2 
I do not like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                    0

Just 'quote' this thread and add your votes as required.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 02:07

I would be interested in buying a cover showing 3 years of forum stamps                                    3

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                           3

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                              3 
I do not like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                   0

Just 'quote' this post and add your votes as required.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 02:09
Originally posted by TIM TIM wrote:

I would be interested in buying a cover showing 3 years of forum stamps                                    4

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                           4

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                              4

I do not like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                   0

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 02:28

I would be interested in buying a cover showing 3 years of forum stamps                                    5

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                           5

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                              5

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 02:29
When do we find out the identity of this year's winner?  Big smile
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 08:12
Originally posted by glynn glynn wrote:

When do we find out the identity of this year's winner?  Big smile
The identity of this year's winner is revealed via the link in the op of this thread. You obviously have the impression that Admin is a terrible tease (alright, you're right, he is, but still...) to open up a thread entitled "We have a winner!" without then actually giving any information about which the winner is. LOL

Or do you mean the identity of the designer of this year's winner? In which case, it's probably a case of "ha, you must be joking!". LOL
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 08:20
Am I recollecting correctly, Colin, that you did an archive proof sheet of the first five years of the Isle of Vue Valentine cinderellas? If so, I thought that was a good item and showed the development of the designs over a useful period. Three years is probably too short for that purpose. On the other hand, as you suggest, squeezing the first five years of forum birthday stamps onto one envelope would be quite tight and possibly not aesthetically pleasing just to put them all, different from each other as they are likely by then to be, just close up next to each other so they can be franked. Just my tuppenceworth on the options suggested by parrot and hence my vote which I have added to the running total below.
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 08:21

I would be interested in buying a cover showing 3 years of forum stamps                                    6

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                           5

I do not like the idea of a commemorative proof showing THREE years of forum stamps                1

I like the idea of a commemorative proof showing FIVE years of forum stamps                              6

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2013 at 09:29
Thanks Joolz (and everyone else, too). It is very helpful to see what people want (and their reasons why) but I am worried that this process might turn the annual forum stamp into an expensive item when the original plan was that it should be affordable and collectable for all forum members. I wouldn't want an excess of items to put people off collecting the stamps at all.

If I had to express a preference it would be for an A5 proof of the three years' stamps -  but overall I would suggest we keep it simple and limit production to the usual FREE single stamp for every member who sends in an sae, with stampsheets available for those who want to guarantee getting the standard and variant versions.

Any members who wre keen to buy previous years' issues could post on the 'Wanted' page. I know there were several members who bought more than one sheet previously who might be tempted to sell, and the designer of previous years might also be a good source to contact, having been given several sheets as their prize.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>