Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mrs Sanderson Requests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 00:03
So almost a month on and responsibility for the creation of this issue is still a mystery.

One can only wonder why?  LOL
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2013 at 00:04
And I think it's going to stay that way... 
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2013 at 12:28
Originally posted by stampbeard stampbeard wrote:

So almost a month on and responsibility for the creation of this issue is still a mystery.

One can only wonder why?  LOL

It was 2 years before a suspect, namely Theodore Hook, was proposed for the original hoax. Even then he did not admit to the hoax, though there were hints of his responsibility for it in some of his later writing.

Did anyone from the Forum turn up to witness what might happen? There remains a possibility that the forum members who received invites were but a small proportion of those who actually did. Those others may not have benefitted from the collective wisdom, detective skills, and openness of the Forum; and turned up.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 00:15
On the 5th anniversary I thought I would revive this thread to show how interesting it can be when more forum members take part Smile
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 02:26
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

On the 5th anniversary I thought I would revive this thread to show how interesting it can be when more forum members take part Smile

Don't hold your breath.  

Twice this week I have had collectors who are not members here get in contact via Fecbook, and another who IS a member here get in touch by phone - both to discuss points recently made on threads posted here.

I am not sure everyone understands the purpose of an online forum.
I began this forum as a place to discuss and share ALL cinderella stamps. It is my first forum and is not perfect BUT I will endeavour to make it the best available.

Any positive help appreciated!
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 15:10
Given that the early illustrations on this thread have vanished, could any posters re-do their images on here?  Thanks! Wink
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 04:01
Originally posted by Panterra Panterra wrote:

Given that the early illustrations on this thread have vanished, could any posters re-do their images on here?  Thanks! Wink

I'll try to find my letter but, in the meantime, Colin shows his stamp on page 6 and Olfella shows his invitation on page 8 of this thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789