Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New Members Area > Frequently Asked Questions & 'How-To' help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do I add pictures to my posts?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 12:37
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Photobucket has restored all of its images. See this article from The Denver Post:

Bas S Warwick View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bas S Warwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2018 at 13:07
Having spent days and days replacing images on various forums I wouldn't use Photobucket again even if it was free for eternity.

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2018 at 20:48
A true sign of contrition would be for the bucket to apply charges for new links and to restore the old ones forfree
tomiseksj View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomiseksj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2018 at 12:43
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but Photobucket has restored all of its images. ..

From the "new management team" at Photobucket:

"For a limited time, our current customers’ hosted images have been restored and Photobucket is introducing a new pricing plan that is built around everyone’s needs."

Undetermined is exactly how long those hosted images will remain restored.
Steve Tomisek
APS#130102, SRS#1570, ATTS
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2018 at 12:01
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Interesting information.
The emphasis is mine

We’re excited to announce that Flickr has agreed to be acquired by SmugMug, the photography platform dedicated to visual storytellers.

SmugMug has a long history of empowering people who love photography and who want to improve their craft, making them a perfect fit for Flickr and our creative community. With SmugMug, we’ll continue to focus on you, the Flickr members who inspire us all with your work.

Nothing will change immediately with regard to your Flickr account. You will still access Flickr with your current login credentials and you will have the same Flickr experience as you do now. We will continue to work to make your Flickr experience even better.

So, SmugMug has decided that for up to 1,000 images the account will remain free but for over this number you will have to go Pro and pay for the account. This is based on, apparently, the fact that 97% of free Flickr accounts have less than 1,000 images. I have used about 300 so far, so I will continue with Flickr for now.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2018 at 01:39
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Interesting information.
The emphasis is mine

We’re excited to announce that Flickr has agreed to be acquired by SmugMug, the photography platform dedicated to visual storytellers.

SmugMug has a long history of empowering people who love photography and who want to improve their craft, making them a perfect fit for Flickr and our creative community. With SmugMug, we’ll continue to focus on you, the Flickr members who inspire us all with your work.

Nothing will change immediately with regard to your Flickr account. You will still access Flickr with your current login credentials and you will have the same Flickr experience as you do now. We will continue to work to make your Flickr experience even better.

So, SmugMug has decided that for up to 1,000 images the account will remain free but for over this number you will have to go Pro and pay for the account. This is based on, apparently, the fact that 97% of free Flickr accounts have less than 1,000 images. I have used about 300 so far, so I will continue with Flickr for now.

I have noticed that the bucket has backed down and my images are appearing again. For how long? Has the Flickr decision influenced bucket, or the other way around? I shall continue to do my own thing for now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567