Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Space Cinderellas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2017 at 07:15
I also have the Dan Dare booklet so I can restore the images here:

Dan Dare 2 001 by Spicer57, on Flickr

Dan Dare 3 001 by Spicer57, on Flickr

Dan Dare 4 001 by Spicer57, on Flickr

Dan Dare 5 001 by Spicer57, on Flickr
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 00:48

Here are some nice space stamps I did back in 2015, for my friend Andree in Scotland.

Sorbie Marsh 2014 Peppa Pig miniature sheet.

Originally posted by Andree Davies Andree Davies wrote:

Sorbie Marsh, home of the Hannah Clan
by Andree Davies

It began as an innocent request from a three year old

Members of the Kirkcudbright Philatelic Society run a junior stamp club at a local school.  One of those members was telling me that his three-year-old grand daughter wanted to collect stamps, but they must be Peppa Pig.

So putting my thinking cap on, I contacted a fellow Cinderella Stamp Club member Bruce Henderson, who has done many cinderella stamps over the years.  I explained the young girl’s request, and he very kindly obliged.  Peppa Pig came out in two values and a nice minisheet, and we continued with more Sorbie stamps.

I add them to my mail, and they often attract the local postmark on them as well as on the GB stamps nearby!

Sorbie Marsh stamps with Royal Mail postmarks of 25th July 2016 plus the usual "Machins" to pay the postage.

So where is Sorbie, you ask?

It is a small rural village in southwest Scotland, in Dumfries & Galloway.  The cows and sheep far outnumber the sturdy human inhabitants, who rise at 5 a.m. and are in bed by 10 p.m. – farming means long hours!

Mobile phone? – forget it. Internet? – maybe it will work, maybe it won’t.

We even have a street light. Being in a dark sky area, we see the wonder of the night sky and even the Northern Lights.

The members of the Hannah Clan gather every year at the Sorbie Tower. I sent some of my Sorbie Marsh stamps to a member of the Hannah Clan in Colorado, who is putting them on the clan's website.  I’ve also sent some to other collector friends.

Showing my Sorbie collection in Dumfries and Kirkcudbright raised some laughs, but you never know.  They may fetch millions in years to come!  Those showing my grandsons playing the bagpipes have proved to be most popular, as have the Outer Space Research.

Sorbie Marsh 2015 Space Pioneers set.

Many thanks to Bruce who has made a very happy three-year-old. So Sorbie is now on the map, philatelically-speaking.  For future issues, I hope we will see a Belted Galloway cow and the Sorbie Tower.  I welcome other ideas.

If you would like some Sorbie stamps, I am happy to trade for your spares, though I prefer Haiti and cinderellas generally.  Contact me at:
Mrs Andree Davies, 5 Reiffer Park Gardens, Sorbie, Wigtownshire, DG8 8EJ, Scotland.

Let’s keep Sorbie on the map!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun philately in bonnie Scotland!  Big smile

Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 00:15
You've all forgotten the Wadfest 2011 issue produced by (much younger!) Colin and Alan!

http://www.askmeaboutstamps.com/?page_id=2335
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 23:07
And this one...

Discovered at the weekend!  Big smile
roc-chic View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote roc-chic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2017 at 02:45
Hmmm...

I got this one 

So, who has the rarer of the two?

LOL
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2017 at 01:37
Originally posted by roc-chic roc-chic wrote:

Hmmm...

I got this one 

So, who has the rarer of the two?

LOL

There was a nice lot of new stamps from Colin. Sadly, I didn't win any Cry
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2017 at 01:43
It is always good to see new cinderellas being produced. Here is a miniature sheet from The Perforated Post, Fleetwood, PA, USA marking the 20th anniversary of the Cassini-Huygen space mission to Saturn:

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2017 at 14:58
And here's a recent one for Star Trek on a postcard:

Star Trek 50 by Spicer57, on Flickr
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2017 at 01:42
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

There was a nice lot of new stamps from Colin. Sadly, I didn't win any Cry

They were only trial designs produced to act as test-prints on specimens sheets of gummed paper, hence I didn't make a fuss about them.

They will never exist as sheets but will be used for general decoration on envelopes.  

If you saw anything that you are really keen on give me a shout  :-)  

And to answer the original question - who has the rarer of the two Space stamp designs shown - there are only about 20 of each of those - so both pretty rare!

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 11:51
I purchased these sheets a while ago but only recently discovered precisely what they were and the story is very interesting. Back in 1961 a science fiction project was begun in Germany in the form of a weekly magazine called Perry Rhodan. Effectively a chapter a week in an epic series that continues to this day more than 2,900 issues later. It is the biggest science fiction project ever.
   It begins with the first moon landing, then projected to be in 1971, with US Space Force Major Perry Rhodan and his crew who discover a marooned space ship from the planet Arkon. By appropriating technology from the space ship Earth takes its place in the galaxy.
   After disputes only about the first 18 years of work has ever been published in English.

The stamps were produced in 1972 and feature main characters from the series, Bully on the 5 soli, Gucky on the 7 soli, Atlan on the 19 soli and Perry on the 23 soli. I'll show the sheets over 4 scan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>