FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Space Cinderellas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Space Cinderellas
    Posted: 31 May 2020 at 08:03
Scan_20200531 by Spicer57, on Flickr
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:21
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 18:34
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

I see that photobucket, having restored their images, have now blurred them. They seem determined to do the wrong thing.

I acquired another set of the Dan Dare stamps very cheaply and was pleased to find that rather than being fully stuck in, they were attached using stamp-hinges. So, now I have a mint set, albeit mounted mint.

Now, I'm not necessarily taking credit here but I sent an email to Tom at Photobucket about the blurring of the images and the fact we are just hobbyists rather than making any money and the blurring has since been removed. Admittedly, they are still heavily overprinted with the word Photobucket but it is still an improvement!
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 20:12
Yes, quite bizarre that Photobucket would blur its pictures.  That makes it worse than useless to everybody!

So here is my latest Space issue.  Plenty of extras available for anybody who would like to add some to your collection: I am always amenable to a trade!

Occussi-Ambeno 2019 50th anniversary of the first human landing on the Moon.

The first Moon Walk took place in 1969, which was just one year after Occussi-Ambeno gained its independence and started issuing its own stamps.

This set was issued on 20th July 2019.

A special overprint was issued to celebrate the actual moon landing, and that was Occussi-Ambeno's first-ever commemorative set (if you exclude the "independence" overprints.)

Originally posted by Wikipedia Wikipedia wrote:

Astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed their Apollo Lunar Module on 20th July, 1969, and walked on the lunar surface, while Michael Collins remained in lunar orbit in the command and service module, and all three landed safely on Earth on 24th July. Five subsequent Apollo missions also landed astronauts on the Moon, the last in December 1972. In these six spaceflights, twelve men walked on the Moon.

Apollo ran from 1961 to 1972, with the first crewed flight in 1968. It achieved its goal of crewed lunar landing, despite the major setback of a 1967 Apollo 1 cabin fire that killed the entire crew during a prelaunch test. Five of the remaining six missions achieved successful landings, but the Apollo 13 landing was prevented by an oxygen tank explosion in transit to the Moon, which destroyed the service module's capability to provide electrical power, crippling the CSM's propulsion and life support systems. The crew returned to Earth safely by using the lunar module as a "lifeboat" for these functions. Apollo used Saturn family rockets as launch vehicles, which were also used for an Apollo Applications Program, which consisted of Skylab, a space station that supported three crewed missions in 1973–74, and the Apollo–Soyuz Test Project, a joint US-Soviet Union Earth-orbit mission in 1975.

The final Apollo 17 mission marked the sixth Moon landing and the ninth crewed mission beyond low Earth orbit. The program returned 382 kg of lunar rocks and soil to Earth, greatly contributing to the understanding of the Moon's composition and geological history.

.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.
.·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·..·:*¨¨*:·.

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 07:31
I see that photobucket, having restored their images, have now blurred them. They seem determined to do the wrong thing.

I acquired another set of the Dan Dare stamps very cheaply and was pleased to find that rather than being fully stuck in, they were attached using stamp hinges. So, now I have a mint set, albeit mounted mint.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 11:55
Perry Rhodan by Spicer57, on Flickr
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 11:54
Atlan by Spicer57, on Flickr
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 11:53
Pucky by Spicer57, on Flickr
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 11:52
Bully by Spicer57, on Flickr
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2017 at 11:51
I purchased these sheets a while ago but only recently discovered precisely what they were and the story is very interesting. Back in 1961 a science fiction project was begun in Germany in the form of a weekly magazine called Perry Rhodan. Effectively a chapter a week in an epic series that continues to this day more than 2,900 issues later. It is the biggest science fiction project ever.
   It begins with the first moon landing, then projected to be in 1971, with US Space Force Major Perry Rhodan and his crew who discover a marooned space ship from the planet Arkon. By appropriating technology from the space ship Earth takes its place in the galaxy.
   After disputes only about the first 18 years of work has ever been published in English.

The stamps were produced in 1972 and feature main characters from the series, Bully on the 5 soli, Gucky on the 7 soli, Atlan on the 19 soli and Perry on the 23 soli. I'll show the sheets over 4 scan.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>