Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little Bag of Sticky Bits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 13:27
I'm going to get organized (she typed with a straight face) and figure out what spares I have so I can start swapping!
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2012 at 23:18
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Normal service will be resumed when I'm able. Keith
Get yourself well Keith - we are all grateful for everything you and Steve do for AskMe but there is nothing more important than taking care of your eyes. Wink
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Susanne View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2012 at 01:28
I missed that!  So sorry about your eye Keith!  The only thing that's important is your recovery.  Take it easy, the stamps will still be here when you're ready.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2012 at 12:03
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Now I am wondering where I got the information regarding smaller versions of the 6175 stamps. They did pop out in two versions. The ealy versions were (sorry Colin) of a poorer print quality, but made up for that by being cut from the sheets with deckle cut scissors, each value with a different pattern. The later versions (were they extras in a bonus brown envelope for another issue?) looked more professional quality and were conventionally perfed. The designs for these had been reworked from the prototypes. But all of mine are 37 x 43mm too.
So has anybody got smaller versions of these, or were these a figment of my imagination?
It's taken a while but here is a scan of the set of four deckle-cut stamps in the £6175 series that I received on an envelope from Colin in either March or May 2009. They have been franked with the Laernu frank. However, they seem to be the same size as all the other perforated versions of the £6175 stamps that I have, that is 37mm x 43mm, and I can't find any amongst those I have that are either smaller or larger than this format.

A new variety of the £6175 stamps seems to have appeared. Same size as the others, but these have a double border. There is a background shading behind the design and a further white border. The net result is a smaller stamp image.

This is a new colour for the £70, but it also exists in the regular green on cream variety. I've not seen any other of the values in this format. Has anybody else seen them?
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 07:28
I've just done a nice trade of some of Colin's bits and bobs with Susanne and she has sent me an interesting variant of the 2p St Hilary that I don't think has been previously reported.

The variant is the stamp on the right of the image below and I think the stamp on the left is the common.

The stamp on the left, which I pulled from one of Colin's Little Bags of Sticky Bits, is the only 2p St Hilary I had and, as I don't have a sheet Cry, I couldn't compare it against anything. So, I had simply assumed it was the common, as I don't think it is any of the variants currently listed on askmeaboutstamps. However, in light of the new variant, it could presumably be another different variant rather than a common.

Anyways, the variant that Susanne very kindly sent me has the blue triangle (at least I think it is a blue triangle) being held by St H in her left hand replaced by a trinagular blank.

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 07:54
I have spotted that and other varieties. Actually there are so many on the sheet that spotting the common or basic stamp is the big task. All will be revealed when AskMe gets its revisions
Susanne View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 11:47
Like the new color on the 70! 
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 04:49
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

I have spotted that and other varieties. Actually there are so many on the sheet that spotting the common or basic stamp is the big task. All will be revealed when AskMe gets its revisions
Oh goodness - that's even more work when I get my new, bionic, eye!

I have a sheet of the 1p and 2p.  As I recall, every stamp on the 2p sheet is a "variant" so it is, as Steve says, difficult to spot the basic stamp - or maybe even to decide what the basic stamp is!!  Maybe on revision I'll can scan it in big and make it clickable to expand further and you can all play at "spot the variant"!

At least there are only 18 stamps on the 2p sheet rather than the 38 on the 1p

Keith

Hiromi View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hiromi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2012 at 21:21
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

At least there are only 18 stamps on the 2p sheet rather than the 38 on the 1p
 Am I right in remembering that these 1p stamps were not intended to be sold as individual stamps but were a way of testing the software updates being written for the printing of the Discworld stamps?

If that is the case then are there any variations in print quality or content between the sheets? ie are they all from the same print run or are there a few sheets of smaller runs as the testing progressed?
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2012 at 06:12
Originally posted by Hiromi Hiromi wrote:

Am I right in remembering that these 1p stamps were not intended to be sold as individual stamps but were a way of testing the software updates being written for the printing of the Discworld stamps?

I didn't make them with the intention of selling them at all, and yes, many of the variants were produced as a way of staying occupied at the printers while stampsheets were being set up or run (sit looking idle at our printers for too long and you were instantly put on tea-making duty...). It was only when visitors to the studio thought they were fun that we thought we should page them up properly and sell a few sheets.

There was only one, small, print run of the 2p and the 1p.
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>