Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little Bag of Sticky Bits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 21:48
Originally posted by Quilpusha Quilpusha wrote:

. . . for goodness sake you guys, MAN UP. You exhibit a weakness that could in the wrong hands be your downfall. You are buying your way to a collection rather than collecting in the purest sense.

Oh! Damnit. Just weakened as well. See you all in Stamp Heaven.

Yeah it is ususally the ex smokers and ex collectors that pontificate the loudest Wink Then they just can't resist trying it just one more time! LOL
Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh until it's needed
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 21:53
Originally posted by Quilpusha Quilpusha wrote:

[ You are buying your way to a collection rather than collecting in the purest sense

If these came along on all my mail and all I had to do was soak them off I'd be happy. This is the next best thing to pure collecting ... once you lot put yours spares up for trading on the Trading thread. Now DO IT!
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 00:48
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Now I am wondering where I got the information regarding smaller versions of the 6175 stamps. They did pop out in two versions. The ealy versions were (sorry Colin) of a poorer print quality, but made up for that by being cut from the sheets with deckle cut scissors, each value with a different pattern. The later versions (were they extras in a bonus brown envelope for another issue?) looked more professional quality and were conventionally perfed. The designs for these had been reworked from the prototypes. But all of mine are 37 x 43mm too.
So has anybody got smaller versions of these, or were these a figment of my imagination?
It's taken a while but here is a scan of the set of four deckle-cut stamps in the £6175 series that I received on an envelope from Colin in either March or May 2009. They have been franked with the Laernu frank. However, they seem to be the same size as all the other perforated versions of the £6175 stamps that I have, that is 37mm x 43mm, and I can't find any amongst those I have that are either smaller or larger than this format.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 01:31
Has anyone else noticed the connection between the 6175 stamps set to a set of Bad stamps released elsewhere?   Wink

Rats! I thought it was just me  LOL
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 02:10
I am almost happy that those Deckle cut 6175 stamps match mine "perforation" wise. If they all had different patterns on the same value would they be different stamps?
Quilpusha View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quilpusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 06:12
Originally posted by watermane watermane wrote:

Has anyone else noticed the connection between the 6175 stamps set to a set of Bad stamps released elsewhere?   Wink

Rats! I thought it was just me  LOL

. . . yes, I had a Bad Blintz 50 bizot stamp in my last pack from Colin with 6175 perfed into the stamp.

It will be going up into my swaps when I have finished the list - probably early next week.
Susanne View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Susanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 09:34
Just bought one! Smile That's one less you guys are in danger of buying.  
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 09:40
Originally posted by Susanne Susanne wrote:

About time too!    
Quilpusha View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quilpusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2012 at 19:04
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Originally posted by Susanne Susanne wrote:

About time too!    

. . . easy tiger. Wink It's a busy time for Susanne, what with two growing girls, Halloween approaching and an election.

It's just great to see her here, in circulation. Clap
milkman View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote milkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2012 at 00:32
I like the wording on the bag...

'Mostly for new collectors... but also for the Committed....'  LOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>