Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little Bag of Sticky Bits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 22:40
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

A 2009 Halloween perfed "La Mort de Timbres" stamp. I've previously only had this French variant and three other language variants (English, German and Spanish) unperfed in various colours.

What colours Joolz? I have the English imperf in green, and green and brown, plus Dearth of stamps in a pinky-purple.

Shade variants of the £100 and £5 stamps from the £6175 series - I already had one each of the £100 and £5 stamps and I got one more of each in the little bags of sticky bits which are slightly different shades compared to the ones I already had. (What I really needed to find though were singles of the £6,000 and the £70 stamps.)

You couldn't possibly supply scans of these, and the sizes. There seems to be a number of design and size variations going on with these, as well perfed and frilly edged stamps!
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2012 at 03:25
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

A 2009 Halloween perfed "La Mort de Timbres" stamp. I've previously only had this French variant and three other language variants (English, German and Spanish) unperfed in various colours.
What colours Joolz? I have the English imperf in green, and green and brown, plus Dearth of stamps in a pinky-purple.
I'll have to ask my wife what the colours are. I'll post when I've been able to check.

Shade variants of the £100 and £5 stamps from the £6175 series - I already had one each of the £100 and £5 stamps and I got one more of each in the little bags of sticky bits which are slightly different shades compared to the ones I already had. (What I really needed to find though were singles of the £6,000 and the £70 stamps.)
You couldn't possibly supply scans of these, and the sizes. There seems to be a number of design and size variations going on with these, as well perfed and frilly edged stamps!
I'll try to get them scanned over the weekend and will post them up in this thread.
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 05:18
Here are the scans of various shade variants that I have in my Laernu et al collection.

Wadstock 1 wad (from L to R) - common, mythprint, five (?) shade variants - although, looking at it today when scanning it, I think the one at far right may in fact just be the common again.

Wadstock 5 wads (from L to R) - common, three shade variants - if anyone has a spare of the mythprint in the standard colour as on the sheet, I would be interested in swapping for something.

Halloween 2009 (from L to R) - "Halloween" common, "Death of Stamps" imperf, "la Mort de Timbres" perfed and imperf (same colour), "La Muerte de Sellos" imperf, "Tod der Stempel" imperf

£100 stamp - two shade variants

£5 stamp - two shade variants

Corsican Dance - purple common, brown shade shade variant
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2012 at 05:57
Wonderful stuff Joolz.

I think makes it at least 11 different colour ways on the 1wad stamp, and at least 6 on the 5wad stamp, over and above the sheet issue. I would not be surprised to find that each one was a one off!

Has anybody got any different ones they could post up?
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2012 at 22:45

Sorry, forgot to do this when I first replied to this post but I borrowed a ruler from my son's school pencil case last night and measured them. All four of mine are the same size, standard perfs and I measure them at 37mm wide x 43mm high. Slightly depends on how you include/exclude the width of the perfs themselves so possibly plus/mins 1mm on each measurement.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 11:26
Now I am wondering where I got the information regarding smaller versions of the 6175 stamps. They did pop out in two versions. The ealy versions were (sorry Colin) of a poorer print quality, but made up for that by being cut from the sheets with deckle cut scissors, each value with a different pattern. The later versions (were they extras in a bonus brown envelope for another issue?) looked more professional quality and were conventionally perfed. The designs for these had been reworked from the prototypes. But all of mine are 37 x 43mm too.
So has anybody got smaller versions of these, or were these a figment of my imagination?
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 09:32
I was just weak and got tempted again. Will someone buy the rest before I weaken again.

Meanwhile I have a few days grace before the itch starts again while I start looking at my new stamps.

I suggest you look at The Laernu Festival of Hats closely. The sheets had stamps with letters in the bottom corners and LAERNU, in individual ways for each stamp, squeezed into the top corners.
But some stamps have a intricate geometrical design in the top corner. I thought these were limited to some variant stamps that had S and L in the lower corners, but have also found these on stamps with the regular letters. As this arrangement is also found on the 4 stamp minisheets it may be the individual stamps came from some of those. But they may come from some larger sheets.

I can also report a Sporten-type print error variation on the Old Fox hat stamp, with pale vertical stripes.

And don't forget to check these for the regular sheet variants too
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 10:02
Well, I've bought a second bag... There are five left at the time of posting this message.
There was a time I'd have bought the lot, but I have to be frugal now.
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 17:55
Also guilty, just bought another one Embarrassed
Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh until it's needed
Quilpusha View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quilpusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2012 at 20:16

. . . for goodness sake you guys, MAN UP. You exhibit a weakness that could in the wrong hands be your downfall. You are buying your way to a collection rather than collecting in the purest sense.

Oh! Damnit. Just weakened as well. See you all in Stamp Heaven.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>