Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Little Bag of Sticky Bits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 11:17
I've been meaning to post these for a while. They're items that I haven't seen mentioned before. The first must come from an uncut sheet of sheets of the Festival of Hats stamps. The second must be the world's smallest miniature sheet, possibly a trial.

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 11:22
you lucky ******
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 22:59
Has anybody else got any 'freaky' stuff to report?
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2013 at 02:14
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

The second must be the world's smallest miniature sheet, possibly a trial.
I'm pretty sure that Penny Jack was produced for Wilfred. WB in the top cartouches are his initials.
Bar Counsel View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bar Counsel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 02:34
Or W*l*i*m B*r*o*g*s in Diss, Norfolk.

We keep asking him to change his business name to Diss World Stamps but he won't... yet  Wink
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2018 at 12:26
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Has anybody noticed anything odd about the 2F Red from the Quadrants? And I am not referring to the bat guano print flaw. Its to do with the values on the stamp.

When the bat guano flaw was first proposed was it named reflecting the character name used in the Dr Strangelove film - Colonel 'Bat' Guano, played by Keenan Wynn?
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 09:55

Has anybody noticed anything odd about the 2F Red from the Quadrants? And I am not referring to the bat guano print flaw. Its to do with the values on the stamp.

When the bat guano flaw was first proposed was it named reflecting the character name used in the Dr Strangelove film - Colonel 'Bat' Guano, played by Keenan Wynn?

I have 2 revelations to make here. Firstly, you can buy bat guano in tubs from Amazon.

Secondly, and, perhaps, more importantly the so-called bat guano flaw, originally reported by me, no longer exists. Therefore, it must never have existed. I can only assume that it was a speck of paper that had adhered to the stamp and has since become dislodged.

I realise that this will be a major disappointment for collectors but can only apologise Broken Heart

Daniel
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:55

I have 2 revelations to make here. Firstly, you can buy bat guano in tubs from Amazon.

Secondly, and, perhaps, more importantly the so-called bat guano flaw, originally reported by me, no longer exists.

This may come as surprise to those who knw me, but I have never. and probably never will. seach on Amazon or elsewhere for bat guano, or indeed guano from any other species.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 00:40

Secondly, and, perhaps, more importantly the so-called bat guano flaw, originally reported by me, no longer exists. Therefore, it must never have existed. I can only assume that it was a speck of paper that had adhered to the stamp and has since become dislodged.

LOL
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 14:39
Looks familiar?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>