Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Postal Oddities of Wales

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 68>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2010 at 07:04
Forgot to mention, but has anyone spotted the Diabolo yet? This is an easy one.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 00:50
No one answers Ermm

Well the next issue is nearly due but will be a bit delayed. However I hope to have some other news soon so watch this space or read pms or both.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 06:12
Hi Steve

I think you should delay your next issue until someone answers... Wink

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 06:33
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Hi Steve

I think you should delay your next issue until someone answers... Wink

That inludes you Colin WinkWink
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 07:25
If you insist...

I believe that this issue's Dai Abyylu is a faulty font on the Welsh Breakfast stamp - the 1 of 1ST has been replace by a I...

It was obviously such a tricky one to spot that all the other collectors are completely flummuxed - do I get a special prize Mr Tandy please?

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 07:50
I've given up on looking for diablos, sports or mythprints. The last time Steve (and Keith) had me looking for one of these there wasn't one! (qv Laernu Bats). Nevermind the fact that I managed to find one anyway!

Edited by Daniel - 16 May 2010 at 07:51
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 07:50
Note for Bill

Diabolo = Beamer = Sport = Mythprint - a deliberate design variant slipped into the sheet to amuse and kerfuffle the collector.

Edited by Colin - 16 May 2010 at 10:48

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 08:13
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Note for Bill

Diabolo = Beamer = Sport = Mythprint - a deliberate design variant slipped into the sheet to amuse and kerfuffle the collector.

The key word is deliberate. So never an error, which so many people get wrong.

And you may well have prequalified for the special prize Mr Edwards.

Edited by Steve - 18 May 2010 at 08:13
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 11:27
Some of the collectors we met at the London show were telling me about 'sports' on our DW sheets that I never actually produced - which I would call errors, usually the consequence of the printing process.  It is amazing what can randomly happen when the 'dithering' process on a digital press has to make a choice between placing a coloured dot on an image or not.

We asked if anyone had spotted the tortoise on the Djelibeybi 1 Talon. When we designed and produced the original artwork it was intended to be printed litho with much greater detail than the digital printing. We know the tortoise is there because we put it there. We even did it separately on an overlay so that it could - possibly - later move if the stamps were reprinted (which of course they were not) and yet it is only obvious on some of the stamps. The digital dithering process either blocks it in or increases the highlights, either way for the most part it becomes blended into the surrounding rocks.

Anyway!  I logged on here to say oooooh!  a special prize?!   I can't wait  :-)

Edited by admin - 18 May 2010 at 11:34
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 00:57
Originally posted by admin admin wrote:

We asked if anyone had spotted the tortoise on the Djelibeybi 1 Talon. When we designed and produced the original artwork it was intended to be printed litho with much greater detail than the digital printing. We know the tortoise is there because we put it there. We even did it separately on an overlay so that it could - possibly - later move if the stamps were reprinted (which of course they were not) and yet it is only obvious on some of the stamps. The digital dithering process either blocks it in or increases the highlights, either way for the most part it becomes blended into the surrounding rocks.

You do mean the camels, palms and pyramid 1t Djelibeybi don't you? Strained my eyes searching for a tortoise on my copies to no avail. When you say 'some of the stamps' did you mean some stamps on all sheets or all stamps on some sheets. In context I take it to mean the former. Any clues as to which stamps on the sheet or which bit to squint at most carefully?

and haven't we gone off topic here? This should be in another section and discussed further.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 68>