Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So...Where is this Year's Valentine Issue?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 04:48
Colin made an announcement on his Facebook page that this issue was going to be late due to problems sourcing the right kind of gummed papers.  I have seen from other posts that not all members here are frequent visitors to Facebook so can understand why this hasn't filtered through to everyone.

I have heard through other channels that Colin has not been a well bunny recently and this has also contributed to the delay.  Get better soon Colin and I for one am happy to wait Thumbs Up
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 07:56
Originally posted by Ken J Ken J wrote:

Get better soon Colin and I for one am happy to wait Thumbs Up

Nothing serious I hope, best wishes from me too  Big smile
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 08:21
Originally posted by Ken J Ken J wrote:

Colin made an announcement on his Facebook page that this issue was going to be late due to problems sourcing the right kind of gummed papers.  I have seen from other posts that not all members here are frequent visitors to Facebook so can understand why this hasn't filtered through to everyone.

I have heard through other channels that Colin has not been a well bunny recently and this has also contributed to the delay.  Get better soon Colin and I for one am happy to wait Thumbs Up
Thanks for the information, Ken. I am one of those facebook-haters, or at least facebook-severely-unfriendliers, so I was not aware of that announcement from Colin and am very sorry to hear that he has been unwell. Unhappy

Get well soon, Colin. We're thinking of you and sending positive vibes in your direction!
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2014 at 21:57
I Aten't Dead!

I still have the chest infection I had at Stampex and it is defying everything science is prepared to throw at it, although science seems to be having some fun providing unwelcome side-effects which then complicate the original problem. The short answer is I am now almost always short of breath and therefore get tired very quickly.

One theory being explored is that I am reacting to inhaled foreign bodies - one of which might be paper fibres - which given my job is quite hilarious.

Far more annoying is I am having problems finding gummed paper that is acceptable to the particular printing press I most commonly use. I want to keep the William Lole issue as consistent as possible with the most recent Isle of Vue issue so that they look like a set, rather than use a completely different paper. We are confident we can find sufficient sheets for this issue but are accruing sheets from different places to create enough stock from which we can print and then perf allowing for wastage. Then that is it. The very last of the last paper!

I have sourced other papers for future stamps but there are complications and it may be that I have to change my printers, or perhaps get my stamps printed overseas until we can sort the problem out permanently. I see this as a positive thing - it means I will ultimately have a source of high quality gummed paper that will last into perpetuity, and the stamp printing quality will also improve so I can make even more authentic and better, and more detailed, stamps.

So my humble apologies for not also putting a statement up here earlier. I have been meaning to do it for a while but when I am here I get distracted by the Admin stuff.

As Keith says, I should never have put a date on the flyer in the first place!  I haven't done it before and I obviously jinxed the whole thing. I won't be doing that again  Wink  And as soon as I am up to it I will post here with any progress.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2014 at 04:22
Get well soon Colin.
Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh until it's needed
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 03:26
Keith might be correct!  This is the most recent ioV thread I can find...

Perhaps the 2015 IoV comments existed only in the Market Place thread and were therefore deleted after 30 days  Embarrassed
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617