Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sportens 2006-2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 08:15
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

They are not really new any more but sheets of the Sportens are still available to anyone who wants them...

What do mean by 'still available'. Do you mean the originals or the 2010/2011 new designs. I'm up for the new ones.
Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 09:11
Got a tete-beche pair of type 33 sporten (golfer driving) with mine
Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh until it's needed
Quilpusha View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quilpusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 21:34

They are not really new any more but sheets of the Sportens are still available to anyone who wants them...

. . . . "to anyone who wants them".
TO ANYONE WHO WANTS THEM!!!
What are you on Colin? You are fully aware of the diligence of the Sporten Collectors. To offer in such a cavalier manner that which we hold so dear, well I call it very kind of you. All donations gratefully received. 

For the record, my 2nd Anniversary Stamps arrived yesterday - Wednesday, thank you. Very nice indeed.

On the envelope there were the following Sportens:

11f yellow bistre HITFAROUTDUNK offset print as per 37p in Keiths askme listings.
4f cerise BATSENBOWLEN tete beche pair.

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2012 at 23:47
I'll put some prices up in the 'Market Place' - I haven't sold these on eBay so perhaps everyone has assumed they were not yet for sale.

The stamps are only available as minisheets of 12, each sheet has one variant.

Like the previous issues there are also printing error variants that might leak out from time to time - but these will only be stuck to envelopes, not sold.

Bear with me while I find my notes and costings and I will post up in Market Place...

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 08:05
Originally posted by Quilpusha Quilpusha wrote:

What are you on Colin? You are fully aware of the diligence of the Sporten Collectors. To offer in such a cavalier manner that which we hold so dear, well I call it very kind of you. All donations gratefully received. 

Do you want to hold him Peter while I slap him?

Keith
Quilpusha View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Quilpusha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 19:59
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Originally posted by Quilpusha Quilpusha wrote:

Do you want to hold him Peter while I slap him?
Keith

. . . oh! Yes please Keith. Big smile
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 22:45
A bedrizzled postie just dropped mine through the door. hurrah!

I will collate all these for an AskMe website update, but it looks like its going to be fun with a capital F. There has been an update on the clours for instance. The Ladyskooten is more orange than yellow now, and stands out much better. And the Batsenbowlen is a deepr purple rather mauve.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 01:39
Ever keeping us on our toes Colin.
I was just checking that the 2011 Sportens' perforations sent out this week were the same as those that appeared last year (they were), I found that the latest batch seem to be different sizes.
The width is the same but the height differs. The Twangthunken is 31mm high, the Ladyscooten is 30mm and the Batzenbowlen is 29mm. The stamps I have from previous printings of these were all 30mm.

Now where's my UV penlight?
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 02:03
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

The width is the same but the height differs. The Twangthunken is 31mm high, the Ladyscooten is 30mm and the Batzenbowlen is 29mm. The stamps I have from previous printings of these were all 30mm.

I think I may have to pioneer the concept of 'Artisan perfing' to get around the combination of learning curve and impatience that dominates the few hours I get every week to perforate... Embarrassed

No UV on these ones - honest!

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 04:53
Please don't perfect any techniques Colin. Finding these variations is all part of the fun. What else would I do with my time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>