Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New Members Area > Introduce yourself here...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduce Yourself

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 59606162>
Author
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote cursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 02:25

Thank you Bruce.

I'll do it. Are you interested on modern or old cinderellas (as old as from 1899)? Although Catalonia is a small, not yet free, country (32.000 sqkm, 7.5 mio people), we have a huge cinderella production.

Is Imgur ok, for uploading images to this fòrum?

Londonbus1 View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 03:36
Hi Joan !

We meet again, how are you?

I can vouch for Joan's excellent thread on Barcelona and Catalonia Cinderellas on another forum, it's breathtaking. If he posts just a part of it here then you are in for a great time.

Imgur is OK for the moment although I have heard rumours that they may soon be going the same way as Photobucket. All my images here are now dead and with no editing possibilities, I may have to start again.

It gets a bit quiet here but with some more support it can soon be livened up !!

Enjoy Cursus and welcome.

Londonbus1
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 04:19
Yes, imgur is fine!  And it would be great to see the early cinderellas as well as the recent! Tongue
cursus View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote cursus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 04:21
It's always a privilege to share a forum with Michael, whom I don't have the pleasure of having met in person; although, I know, sooner than later will be sharing a beer in Israel, Britain or Barcelona.
Following his and Bruce's invitation, I wish to show a little cinderella (24x34 mm) issued in Barcelona in 1921, from a poster of Josep Obiols and the text, in Catalan: "Do you already belong to the Catalan language teaching association?". It was a way of collecting money (0.05 pesseta) for this association.

Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 04:33
Thanks for that Joan, but may I recommend you start a new thread under "Cinderella stamps" specially for Catalan cinderellas, rather than putting them here in this "introduction" thread?  Thanks!
jbu View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote jbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2017 at 04:17
Hello Everybody,
Real glad to find this forum.  Back in the mid 90s I got heavily involved with MAILART, at a time when the internet was in its infancy, so everything was done through the post - event listings, correspondence, networking, etc.  That was when I first discovered so-called "artisan stamps".  From my recollection at that time they did not look like authentic postage stamps, but were obviously funky home made creations.  I didn't think much of them at the time and mostly concentrated on the clip art medium of the mailart world, and networking.  After about 5 intense years I stopped with mailart altogether and moved on...  Zooming ahead a few years I got involved with philately and discovered a variety of professional cinderella stamps and was thrilled.  Now that my stamp hobby is really kicking off I finally want to start making (and collecting) my own cinderella stamps and using them on may own first day covers.  Looking forward to the forum, thanks!
John
Admin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 22:25
Welcome to the forum John  Big smile

I began this forum as a place to discuss and share ALL cinderella stamps. It is my first forum and is not perfect BUT I will endeavour to make it the best available.

Any positive help appreciated!
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2018 at 22:35
WELCOME to all our recent new members!  

Don't be shy, please say hello here and make yourself and your interests known to the rest of us. 

I am certain you will find plenty of like-minded collectors here and maybe even some swaps or trades - so much more rewarding than eBay.
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

guyana1230 View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote guyana1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 04:55
Hello all,

My real name is Martyn, but always going under guyana1230 on all stamp related sites.

Have collected stamps for 51 years now, always been interested in cinderellas but particularly those from the UK and surrounding islands.

Hope to find like minded nutters and maybe even trade a few stamps, plus of course learn more about them.

Happy collecting to you all.

Martyn
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2018 at 07:28
Hello Martyn, and welcome
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 59606162>