FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is so special about Specimen Stamps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kylky View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote kylky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is so special about Specimen Stamps
    Posted: 10 January 2016 at 20:44
People use Specimen stamps during a long periods of time since the 18th century as far as I know.They are really valuable.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 04:44
There has actually been a 'FAQ' relating to lost passwords  since October 2015 - under 'FAQs'.

It basically says 'at Log-In, click the Lost Password box and a new password will be sent to the email address you used when you registered'.

You don't need to be logged-in to read the FAQs.
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 03:26
Personally I would find it easier to click the Lost Password link at login
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 03:23
Wouldn't you need to be able to login to read such FAQ?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 03:08
I believe David stopped posting here because he lost his password, not because he couldn't upload pictures.  Perhaps a FAQ  about how to re-apply for a password would be helpful too?
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 23:29
Originally posted by huffee huffee wrote:

Mike you claim to be a journalist; rather than stirring up negativity
here you could use your undoubted skills to write out the instructions
in a clear and easy-to-follow manner if you believe the existing
directions to be inadeqaute. Shame on you.  LOL

It isn't difficult to post up pictures here. The recommended method is no different to that employed on other forums and should be easy enough to follow.

I note that elsewhere, Colin (or Admin) has even offered to host pictures on his own photobucket page if someone gets really stuck so there really is no excuse!!!

Or read the FAQ wot I rote

Step by step instructions are there
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 22:34
Hear, hear

My comments made elsewhere about 'missing' photos too

No excuses
huffee View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote huffee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 07:54
Mike you claim to be a journalist; rather than stirring up negativity here you could use your undoubted skills to write out the instructions in a clear and easy-to-follow manner if you believe the existing directions to be inadeqaute. Shame on you.  LOL

It isn't difficult to post up pictures here. The recommended method is no different to that employed on other forums and should be easy enough to follow.

I note that elsewhere, Colin (or Admin) has even offered to host pictures on his own photobucket page if someone gets really stuck so there really is no excuse!!!

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 02:09
[QUOTE=David]I would attach photos/scans of some of my stamps but I do not know how to get them into this site!!  /QUOTE]

Is it too difficult to import picures into this site?  Ther ae lot os instances where members have struggled. I see there is now FAQ but that doesn't seem to produce lots of pictures either.

Any suggestions?

Pictures make stamps so much more accessible.

Bas S Warwick View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bas S Warwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2013 at 09:00
Originally posted by Londonbus1 Londonbus1 wrote:

Nice design Bas.
Were they used by the company for despatches of wine or are they just fantasy labels ?

Hi Michael

The Wine Post is what is called a local post in New Zealand, and is completely independent of the NZPost mail carrier. It has its own postmarks and system of delivery within New Zealand and abroad. The cost of the postage is somewhat higher than 70 NZ cents for a letter because of this. However, the postage stamps from this and other private posts are popular with collectors because of the small numbers of issues produced each year and the low numbers of stamps printed.

The Wine Post, (also known as New Zealand Wine Post), is a privately owned postal service in New Zealand. It is operated by Weston Winery New Zealand, which is the World's Most Southern Winery and acts as its only post office. It began issuing its own postage in 1990. It is one of the many independent posts of New Zealand which has a deregulated postal environment. The Wine Post currently issues definitive stamps and commemorative stamps for Oceania and Antarctica, which are for its postage and that of anyone else in the world to and from Antarctica- mainly the South Pole Station and McMurdo Base. 

Have a look here for more info on the stamps http://winepost.tripod.com/

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>