Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discworld stamps (page1)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2010 at 06:09
I think they are both very good designs and I hope that whoever designed and illustrated them gets the recognition they deserve - it's such a shame to see artwork produced and  sold without credits - it adds interest for collectors and creates positive rivalry amongst the different team members involved.

When good work isn't credited it is left to others to give their best guess and this often leads to incorrect information being laid down and assumed to be correct by all those who follow.  I can understand why some of the designers of previous DW issues might not want to be directly associated with their work, but why not immediately give credit for excellence where it is due?

I am now REALLY looking forward to seeing the Christmas/Hogswatch offering - and the new definitives in the new year...

Edited by Colin - 12 November 2010 at 06:18
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

witchfromlancre View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote witchfromlancre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 04:22
Due to unforseen circumstances all my Cinderella FDCs + DW stamp items for the last 3-4 years fill more than 2 good sized plastic crates. OK many are still in the envelopes they arrived in but that's just my way of protecting them.

I have been on very strong pain killers that have effected my memory for the last 3-4 years and during this time have duplicated orders galore, even buying sports and limited edition FDCs etc. from eBay when I already owned them. Fortunately I did keep copies of all orders and emails but never thought of referring to them except once. I thought I was suffering from dementia and told my GP and was so relieved to discover I certainly was not and he explained my memory loss.

I just can't be bothered sending in all the spare stamps I have for the trading stamps. I have done in the past and only used 1 sheet. I still have the other sheets. In the past I would make up year packs for new collectors and send them FOC.

I will be sorting through the collections and also will open up the LBEs to see what I have in them. I have never sold anything on eBay despite having a Seller's account.

Anything special that is duplicated I would offer on here first if that's OK.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 05:01
You make us feel special   
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 23:03
I stopped collecting Discworld stamps at the end of the fourth year, and although I am tempted to start again if the quality continues to improve,  I think I ought to first fill in some of the gaps in my existing collection. So I will be very interested in anything you have to sell from the first four years and might be able to swap for some of my duplicates.

I am looking forward to seeing your list.
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 23:29
Hello Witchfromlancre,
I'd like to thank you for your exceedingly kind offer of giving us the first chance on any duplicates you find amongst your collection. I'm very interested in filling up the gaps in mine.  There are a number of sheets that were fairly common when they were first released that I'd really like to get hold of... 
I have a wants list posted in the Stamps trading area.

Edited by Murgatroyd - 17 November 2010 at 23:31
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 03:12
I said thanks first
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2010 at 03:12
I also have gaps in my collection as I am trying to set aside two of every DW stamp we designed for my sons. Over the years my archives have been battered and bruised from being moved about and I think I am only now realising just how valuable some of them were.

Anyway - I am looking forward to seeing your list of doubles Margaret.

Give my best wishes to Gareth  Beer

Kelshandra View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kelshandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 21:28
This seems as good a place as any to wave and say hello.  I'm working on the stamp yearbook (aka stamp albums) and didn't realise this forum existed.  So hello!
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 21:35
Hi Kel

You should also go on up to the Introduce Yourself section at the top of the pagelist and say hi there, you have more chance of being noticed there.

Welcome to the forum anyway, how did you find us?

Hilary View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 23:26
Hi Kel!
(Waves back)!
With a memory full of ships, and seas, and perilous headlands, and the shining Pharos, he must apply his long sighted eyes to the petty niceties of drawing. - Robert Louis Stevenson
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>