FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discworld stamps (page1)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hiromi View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hiromi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discworld stamps (page1)
    Posted: 08 January 2018 at 21:41
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Originally posted by Keith B Keith B wrote:

If anyone has any surplus or duplicate stamps from the early years of the Discworld stamps they would like to dispose of (up to 2009) please message me. 

Now that their value has reduced to an all-time low it must be time to fill in the gaps in my collection.

Cheers

I have just been though all the Discworld stamp sales and such, and can say that the early issues are not only holding their own pricewise, but many are being snapped up for ever increasing prices. Many are up by 25-50% on early 2017 values.
If any have fallen in value it is those from the last five years. I have noticed some of those sheets selling for less than retail.

Colin make the point that those original Discworld stamps produced while Terry was alive will become the most collectable and of those I guess the first set given away with the Waterstones 'Going Postal' promotional cover (and reproduced inside the cover of the first edition) will be the most collectable.  

The author's contribution make all the difference, perhaps why the more recent issues are less attractive?

These years on I am still trying to get my hands on one of each of the 'rat-nibbled' issues, perforated by Terry himself at the Bath Postal Museum.  
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2018 at 04:02
Originally posted by Keith B Keith B wrote:

If anyone has any surplus or duplicate stamps from the early years of the Discworld stamps they would like to dispose of (up to 2009) please message me. 

Now that their value has reduced to an all-time low it must be time to fill in the gaps in my collection.

Cheers

I have just been though all the Discworld stamp sales and such, and can say that the early issues are not only holding their own pricewise, but many are being snapped up for ever increasing prices. Many are up by 25-50% on early 2017 values.
If any have fallen in value it is those from the last five years. I have noticed some of those sheets selling for less than retail.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2017 at 04:39

Prices may go up and down but I'd like to think the early stamps will always be highly-valued as Terry was most involved in those.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 23:17
Except that values have not fallen to any form of low
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2017 at 22:27
Originally posted by witchfromlancre witchfromlancre wrote:

Due to unforseen circumstances all my Cinderella FDCs + DW stamp items for the last 3-4 years fill more than 2 good sized plastic crates. OK many are still in the envelopes they arrived in but that's just my way of protecting them.

I have been on very strong pain killers that have effected my memory for the last 3-4 years and during this time have duplicated orders galore, even buying sports and limited edition FDCs etc. from eBay when I already owned them. Fortunately I did keep copies of all orders and emails but never thought of referring to them except once. I thought I was suffering from dementia and told my GP and was so relieved to discover I certainly was not and he explained my memory loss.

I just can't be bothered sending in all the spare stamps I have for the trading stamps. I have done in the past and only used 1 sheet. I still have the other sheets. In the past I would make up year packs for new collectors and send them FOC.

I will be sorting through the collections and also will open up the LBEs to see what I have in them. I have never sold anything on eBay despite having a Seller's account.

Anything special that is duplicated I would offer on here first if that's OK.

Cheers
Anne View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Anne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2014 at 00:03
I am a pretty avid facebook user- but personally I would rather keep discussions on the forum than split them between here and facebook.
(There isn't so much stamp discussion on the discworld stamp forum anymore, so that's a bit diffeent).
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2014 at 06:43
Are many members here avid Facebook users?

Do you think we should also have a Facebook page for this forum?
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 00:16
I know there are still a lot of Discworld Stamps collectors on this forum so I wondered if any are Facebook members and are aware of the community page I have just found on the Google search I have set up.

It is:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Discworld-Stamps/809424215750892?fref=ts  or just search Facebook for 'Discworld Stamps' and it is the only page you will linked to.

There are only a dozen or so members so far (not me, I don't have the time for Facebook) but I am sure there will be plenty of others once the word has been spread around.

Marj View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 04:49
My feeling is that it is not up to the collectors to put pressure on anyone to divulge any more information than they feel fit to do, when it suits them.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2012 at 04:34
Some time ago we were tantalised with the surprising revelation that some of the Discworld stamps exist with more than one sport. At that time no more information was given and I'm not aware that anyone found any. Indeed, where would you begin to look?

Now that one of them has been revealed in all its glory, the Green Susan Sto Helit, I wonder if the others should also be revealed to us. My feeling is that they should be but what do other Discworld stamp collectors think?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>