Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delandre

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2015 at 09:33
Some more ships. I now have a navy!

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2015 at 09:35
and back to regiments

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2016 at 05:41

Here is a sheet or part sheet of Delandres that I have just acquired. I have never seen such a thing before and judging by the way they are arranged, every which way to each other, I can't imagine that they were intended to be sold that way. Since the sheet was not sold as being by Delandre I managed to buy it quite cheaply.

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2016 at 06:33
very nice
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2016 at 21:59
Some wonderful 'artisan' perforation going on there  Wink
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 05:40
Still adding Delandres to my collection as and when I manage to buy a few for minimal outlay.
These are for French infantry regiments, but it will be obvious that there are many more to add.

Londonbus1 View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 08:30

They definitely have atmosphere.

Do you have the catalogue for these ?

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 09:13
I don't have a catalogue. In fact I believe there are six, produced by Charles Kiddle priced at £20 each or thereabouts. He left a link here 3 years ago for mail order but that URL is out of use. The CSC have some on their publications page but not all - and you don't see what exactly you get for your money.

Personally if I had studued these I would have put my findings up on the web. By privately publishing much of the cost would be productions costs as it would be a small print run. On the web its there for all to see, not just those with £120 spare. On the web anything new can be added immediately, but a published catalogue can be out of date from the day it is sent to the printers. Any revisions can only be by an addendum slip or wait for a reprint. I would like my work to be appreciated by anybody.

I would prefer to spend that on more Delandre stamps. There are so many that there is littel chance of ever completing any series.Best to enjoy what I get. And I do enjoy these because with the range of artists used there is so many styles of design and artwork - endless variety.
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 14:05
I have now managed to acquire 3 volumes of the Delandre catalogues relatively cheaply. Reading through the vast amount of information it appears that, contrary to my previous post illustrating a part sheet, the stamps were indeed generally available in sheets supplied in brown envelopes. However, at least on eBay where Cinderellas are commonly sold singly, they are extremely rarely sold as sheets.

Anyway, here is a recent job lot featuring Red Cross Delandres:

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2017 at 18:40
After much searching I have found, online, a French newspaper, Le Petit Parisien, from 17th June 1927 concerning the death (suicide) of our old friend Delandre or Gaston Fontanille. There is even a picture of him!

The story is on page 1 and you can zoom in on the article.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>