Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wadfest Auction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote unohoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 08:13
Huge image update carried out today.
More to come tomorrow.
In absentia bidding extended to 23:59 BST on Tuesday.
unohoo View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote unohoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 07:39
Final images added.
toast View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote toast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 15:18
thank you! Your efforts do not go unappreciated. I especially enjoyed Hilary's topical commemoration covers and stamps. Although I must admit to a great deal of ignorance about the "whole thing", Wadfest makes a bit more sense to me now. I still can't grasp what seems to be a blind bid, but perhaps by next year...

toast

ps... After reading Guards! Guards! I can relate to the "Nightwatch" graphic. Good story... great characters.
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2010 at 23:52
Originally posted by toast toast wrote:

I must admit to a great deal of ignorance about the "whole thing"
I think ignorance is the safest condition to be in. 

If you were foolishly to Google "wadfest" you would find scary images of previous events - generally held in the torrential rain of a typical English summer's day of course.LOL

Keith

Hilary View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hilary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2010 at 07:34
And if you are of a nervous disposition, take care to avoid any photographs that bear a caption containing the words 'cocktail party'.  Be afraid, be very afraid.
With a memory full of ships, and seas, and perilous headlands, and the shining Pharos, he must apply his long sighted eyes to the petty niceties of drawing. - Robert Louis Stevenson
unohoo View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote unohoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2010 at 10:10
MWAHAHAHA!
unohoo View Drop Down
Recorded
Recorded

Post Options Post Options   Quote unohoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2010 at 01:30
Auction results now on the Wadfest forum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12