Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kings and Queens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kings and Queens
    Posted: 03 May 2020 at 07:11
This sheet, possibly from the 60s, is still up to date!

Scan_20200503 by Spicer57, on Flickr
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2020 at 21:29
But I have doubts about the historical accuracy of some of those portraits, especially William I
NCPhilip View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote NCPhilip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2020 at 05:26
This was the thread which actually prompted me to join the forum. After seeing this sheet, I did some looking and found that this is one of at least three variants/issues this set has been published in. In another, the design is the same, but the colors have been distributed differently, such that they make columns of a single color, rather than the more random distribution pictured above. In the third issue, which appears to be the most recent, the pictures and sheet layout are largely the same, but the frames of the stamps are quite different. The third might be a different designer or printer altogether, but I suspect a single issuer is behind all three. Do you have any info about their history/origins? I've ordered a set but they won't arrive for some time.

All the best and thanks for sharing!
Philip
 Post Reply Post Reply