Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Discworld Proof Sheets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discworld Proof Sheets
    Posted: 14 July 2010 at 05:04
I thought you collectors of Discworld stamps would be interested to see this unusual combination of proof sheets.

One 1 A3 (bigger than A3 I think) sheet containing sheets of the Pain of Pain, Rainbow Pain of Pain with tete beche, Blue Bernard with 3 labels and, finally, the Cabbage Fields sport.

Lots of printers markings around the edge.  All are imperforate.

Sorry it's a photo but I couldn't get it into my scanner!!

Keith
Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 07:16
The first two sheets you mentioned were available from the green cabbage trading stamps scheme, the third sheet (cant make it out) b8ut maybe the cabbage sports sheet which was one of the Hogswatch LBE prizes a couple of years ago and is very rare as they were never available for purchase as a sheet
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 08:13
I know that some of the individual sheets are not rare but when they are all printed together on a single, very large, sheet of paper and are all imperforate I think that the rareness factor is stepped up several notches!

Keith
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 17:39
That's a very nice piece... 
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 21:56
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I know that some of the individual sheets are not rare but when they are all printed together on a single, very large, sheet of paper and are all imperforate I think that the rareness factor is stepped up several notches!

Keith

Too true Keith, Could not see that it was imperforate, and I know where you got that one Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Edited by Jonty - 14 July 2010 at 21:57
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2010 at 22:02

A lot of these sheets were among the bits of paper that got wrecked when the central heating boiler caught fire last December and the roof of my 'safe' room, along with the garage and the back of the house was ruined, not so much by the fire itself but by the dampening down, and then the snow and cold, which came afterwards. I had a lot of original artwork in there - and all the digital archives - from my 25+ years of designing and much of it was lost.

I do have a few copies left of this proof that were still in my studio though if anyone is interested,
I'd much rather they were in the hands of collectors,  and I also believe Alan might have a couple.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 04:16
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

A lot of these sheets were among the bits of paper that got wrecked when the central heating boiler caught fire last December and the roof of my 'safe' room, along with the garage and the back of the house was ruined, not so much by the fire itself but by the dampening down, and then the snow and cold, which came afterwards. I had a lot of original artwork in there - and all the digital archives - from my 25+ years of designing and much of it was lost.

I do have a few copies left of this proof that were still in my studio though if anyone is interested,
I'd much rather they were in the hands of collectors,  and I also believe Alan might have a couple.

Which ones of the 3 mentioned have you got Colin?

The Vetinari pain of pain rainbow and common?
The Blue Bernard sheet with the stickers?
or the cabbage "lovers" sport sheet?

If its the latter I will be interested!

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 07:26
They are all on the one imperf sheet as shown on Keith's photo. If you want to cut them up that's fine  :-)

Edited by Colin - 15 July 2010 at 07:27
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Jonty View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jonty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 09:51

They are all on the one imperf sheet as shown on Keith's photo. If you want to cut them up that's fine  :-)

Doh!  should pay more attention or wear my reading glasses whilst browsing, eyesight must be going faster than I thought Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2010 at 12:11

Damn. That means I paid an arm and two legs for something that turns out to be common. Oh well, you live and learn.

Keith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>