FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1977 Silver Jubilee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1977 Silver Jubilee
    Posted: 27 January 2020 at 14:49
Thanks for the suggestion Derek, but this was way back in 1977, so all those stamps long since gone!

The BBC is not a known stamp-buyer: I suspect they use a franking machine or "postage paid" permit for their mail (sadly.)

Niue 1977 Silver Jubilee $3.20. 
derek View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote derek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2020 at 03:32
Originally posted by Panterra Panterra wrote:

I am not normally a fan of your ability to promote one of your own stamps on every available thread and opportunity Panterra, but your rendering of the Queen looks just like Olivia Colman who plays the Queen in The Queen  tv show. Was that intentional?  You should try selling your stamps to the BBC, (without the Accusi Barmbino part of course) you might be sitting on a fortune!!!
I couldn't stay away - but I will be posting much less this time so as not to offend those with delicate sensibilities :-)
guyana1230 View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote guyana1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2020 at 06:58
I like the perforated Silver Jubilee minisheet
Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2020 at 23:19
Those Total stamps are rather nice.  I haven't seen them before.

This reminded me that 1977 was the year that my country, Occussi-Ambeno, finally made it to the "Big Time", and began getting its stamps printed in high-quality multicolour by the European printers, rather than the hand-printed letterpress of earlier years. 

So the Silver Jubilee was clearly one of the "top thematics" of that year, and our agents outdid themselves with a $5 minisheet, with the Queen's face embossed.  Both perforated and imperf minisheets were issued: the imperf having a gold border around the stamp.  Of course, some mint ones were airmailed to the Queen for the Royal Stamp Collection, as had been done with the earlier multicolour issues of that year: the "Sailing Ships" and "Native Birds".

First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote guyana1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 08:35

First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote guyana1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2020 at 08:34

Post Reply Post Reply