Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > New Members Area > Frequently Asked Questions & 'How-To' help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How can we avoid the evil Vigilink sneaky links?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How can we avoid the evil Vigilink sneaky links?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How can we avoid the evil Vigilink sneaky links?
    Posted: 05 May 2020 at 00:27
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

In my recent James Cauty topic, after discovering some of these vigilinks, I was able to remove the links by editing my posts and then changing the wording. For example, changing ebay to e bay was sufficient to remove the link. Likewise changing Queen to monarch was enough to remove that link. I suspect that the use of hyphens - and joining words with obliques / might also do the trick. Even if it results in losing some of the meaning or grammar, I think that is infinitely more acceptable than a misleading and unwanted link.

Genius!  Thanks Daniel.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 18:15
In my recent James Cauty topic, after discovering some of these vigilinks, I was able to remove the links by editing my posts and then changing the wording. For example, changing ebay to e bay was sufficient to remove the link. Likewise changing Queen to monarch was enough to remove that link. I suspect that the use of hyphens - and joining words with obliques / might also do the trick. Even if it results in losing some of the meaning or grammar, I think that is infinitely more acceptable than a misleading and unwanted link.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 06:07
Originally posted by Hiromi Hiromi wrote:

Originally posted by Panterra Panterra wrote:

I don't know if others have spotted this

Not realy a frequently asked question is it?

Well it IS frequent in the sense that it has already been discussed in another part of the forum...

If there was an easy way to get round it then this thread would be the prefect place to let people know.  Unfortunately I have no solution aprt from paying even more in fees, or moving elsewhere. 

Hiromi View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hiromi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 05:16
Originally posted by Panterra Panterra wrote:

I don't know if others have spotted this

Not realy a frequently asked question is it?

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 01:06
http://www.cinderellastampsforum.com/viglink-my-apologies-and-some-thoughts_topic1407.html

So it's back again?  It looked as if this had stopped.

I cannot understand why the software makers insist on forcing this upon us, apart from the fact that the only obvious way to remove it appears to be to upgrade   Angry

Panterra View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote Panterra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2019 at 00:25
I don't know if others have spotted this, but when I put posts on this forum, I often find that a sneaky thing called "Vigilink" randomly adds links to random words or phrases.

When I spot them, I try to remove them, but they don't show up in the editor, so all I can do to remove them is replace their link with some other link.

Anyone know how to get rid of this evil vigilink?  It seems a real curse!

cheers, Bruce.
 Post Reply Post Reply