Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vesuvius

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vesuvius
    Posted: 04 July 2019 at 07:22
Back in the Naughties we had a holiday in Sorrento, and nothing would have kept me away from either Vesuvius or Pompeii. What a pity that these stamp booklet were on sale then. I would have one in much better condition!
It was sort of weird standing on the rim of the volcano looking down at smoke and steam escaping at various point.
And it was at the amphitheatre at Pompeii where Pink Floyd were fimed playing their 1971 live set. I got to see them play it at the first two gigs they played on their return to the UK.

guyana1230 View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote guyana1230 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2019 at 09:20
These are very nice, despite their condition, thank you for sharing
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2019 at 02:00
So much more appealing than our modern 'peel-off' stamp books, packed with information too.  

I'm trying to work out how the text flows from one page to another... are there other pages you haven't scanned?
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Post Reply Post Reply