Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isle of Vue 2019 & 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote jerakeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 05:08
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Originally posted by elmstead elmstead wrote:

As I said (above) have two pairs of stamps that make the right corner of the sheet. 
whether this is a real corner or not I couldn't say but it looks real.

Its a real corner but not from the sheets of 15 standard + 1 variant. There would have been a sheet of mixed variants and standards stamps with that text on the selvedge

@elmstead: I read you, but not well enough. Sorry. Embarrassed
As you were not talking about the text of the horizontal selvage in your description (which might be "Laernu" in the top right part and the bottom right part), nor of the text part "© 2020" for the vertical selvage of the bottom right corner, I thought it was missing text information.
This, of course, if the selvages of the mixed variant sheet are identical to those of the sheet of 15 standard + 1 variant, and taking into account that the sizes of the 2 types of sheets can be different.

@Steve: The account I made for your discovered stamps was good or was I wrong? Do you have 7 or 6 diffrents stamps in the loose pairs? (not counting the early bird)
Don't be surprised by my question, and please forgive me, your reasoning is certainly very clear, but English is not my native language ... so I'm a bit lost Confused

elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 05:16
sorry about the quality of the image I had to use my old iPad

but this is the sheet that I think we could piece together once everyone has their stamps

I deliberately cropped out the central images so I didn't give away the variants
(the Lower Horizontal strips of the bottom two stamps are both blank)

jerakeen View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote jerakeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 05:32
Interesting, the selvage text is on the height of 3 stamps ... for the normal sheet it is on the height of 4 stamps ...
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 05:40
and to answer Jerakeen....

I don't have the Top Right corner, only the Lower right corner, so the sheet could be larger than 3 stamps tall

and

I think there are four variants and the standard stamp (where the variation is in the central image)
There is also an inverted stamp (the Bonus stamp minisheet contains this)
So, all six stamps appear in the pairs of stamps and single stamps contained in the "bags of stamps"available on Ebay.(use the search terms Learnu or Isle of Vue)

However, there is a seventh stamp "the Early bird" which appears to be a colour variation of the standard stamp
and I was asking if anyone had found this Early bird stamp in their "bags of stamps" (I so want to type LBE) and so far it appears the answer is "No"
jerakeen View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote jerakeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 06:46
Many Thanks ! Smile
Perky View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Perky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2020 at 00:28
Originally posted by elmstead elmstead wrote:

Dear Perky I can't see why you weren't able to buy Colin's stamps

The stamps, artwork first day cover and special delivery package are all available on Ebay.
just put in the search term Isle of Vue or Learnu

So this is why we are trying not to spoil the surprise for everyone waiting for their stamps and those who haven't spotted the variants.

I should have explained, I lost my job just after Christmas so am trying to limit my spending  Embarrassed

Hopefully something will come up soon but in the meanime I am house, baby and pet-sitting!
Perky View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Perky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2020 at 04:48
Back behind a desk now, perhaps the only beneficiary of Coronavirus!

Don't let my personal problems affect anything here, I am sure everyone who bought them in february has their stamps by now and my own will not be far away   Big smile
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 04:26
By now everyone who bought the 2020 Isle of Vue stamps should have received a little Halloween extra, just a little thing to cheer us up in these sometimes miserable times.

Thank you all for your support over the years, I don't take it for granted, and it gets more difficult each year to come up with something new!  But you lovely people make it all worthwhile  Big smile

And a big thank you to all the people who had asked if it was OK to put up pictures on the forum or on Facebook and have been happy to hold back until (hopefully!) the post has reached the futhest outposts of Europe and the USA.

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2020 at 04:46
It was indeed a splendid surprise to have the Isle of Whoooo!! items drop through my letter box. It all adds to the history of Laernu and the Isle of Vue. The minisheet of stamps is so much appreciated, while the newspaper clipping and the tickets for the All Hallows celebrations brings this so much to life.

I hope Colin doesn''t mind me having a little play with his stamps.

These and much more of Colin's output is outlined here
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2020 at 03:24
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

I hope Colin doesn''t mind me having a little play with his stamps.

Once artwork is out there in the public domain there really isn't much I can do about it  ;-)

Did you really only receive 3 attractions tickets? Something must have gone wrong there...

Thanks for posting!  

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>