Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isle of Vue 2019 & 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2020 at 05:22
I have updated my Laernu & More website with the new Isle of Vue issue and last year's Halloweens. This is more a guide to Colin's (and Alan's) stamps rather than a catalogue. I left that for the now defunct AskMe site. I will have to see if I can remedy that somehow.
jerakeen View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote jerakeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2020 at 07:29
I received the big envelope this morning!

The sentence that could best sum up my mind when I discovered its content is:
"woooaaa....!" HeartHeart

It's brilliant.

I also believe I have identified the variants. I will comment on the colors, and everything else later ... until everyone receives their purchase.Big smile

In the meantime: BRAVO AND THANK YOU, you are incredible!Hug

elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2020 at 05:39
Apart from saying (the obvious) that the Special Delivery Package for Isle of View 2020 Is a Beautiful Intriguing Work of Art.......

I wondered if the Early bird issue "minisheet of one stamp with selvage" is supposed to be the "standard"stamp or a Variant ?

The artwork sheet shows four variants, 
one of which is on the sheet of stamps and the first day cover (together with the standard stamp).
Another variant is on the Forum Member issue "minisheet"
but the other two are only available in the "bags of stamps"

the Bonus special issue "minisheet" seems to be a fifth variant.

So are there 6 stamps to look for in the pairs of stamps that come in the "bags of stamps" (standard, bonus and four variants) or 7 ?(the early bird)

and how much selvage have people found with their pairs of stamps ?

Only two of my pairs of stamps had selvage but they make up the lower right corner of the sheet of variants and together make up the statement "Designed by Colin Edwards and illustrated by Alan Batley"

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2020 at 08:03
I have listed a total of 6 variants.

There is of course the sheet variant - 1 of the 16 stamps. Because a variant + standard pair were used for the covers it is safe to assume that there were sheets printed to supply the pairs with equal numbers of the standard stamp and the sheet variant.

Each of the the three single stamp mini-sheets has additional new variants.

The last variant as far as I can see is reproduced on the artwork sheets, and appears solely in the pairs of loose stamps. This suggests that further sheets with all variants and ordinary stamps in pairs was prepared for splitting.

What is confusing is that the standard stamps and only four of the variant stamps are illustrated on the A4 artwork sheet. There are two others. All four of the variants of the illustarion are also show. The fifth variant used for the Early Bird bonus uses a standard beach illustration as does the obvious inverted image stamp.

I have examples of the standard stamp and five of the variants included in loose pairs, but not the Early Bird variant. So yes there are 7 stmaps in total.

None of my loose pair has any selvedge. If these do come from a sheet of stamps containing standards and mixed variants it is likley Colin would have used the same selvedge decoration and text as the regular sheets.
jerakeen View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote jerakeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2020 at 22:11
So Steve, if I understand correctly, you discovered in loose pairs:
- the 4 variants presented on the artwork + the standard one = 5
- 2 inverted images
which makes 7, the early bird being apart and not found in loose pairs (which would not be surprising, given its main characteristic).

For my part, I found in the loose pairs only the variants numbers 2,3,4 (on the artwork), the standard and reversed one.
So I only found 5 on my side.

I have 2 upper vertical pairs which seem to confirm what you say about selvages:
"ILLIS - Postag" and "Laernu     "
(same selvedge decoration and text as the regular sheets), but the selvage "Laernu" is not a corner (no vertical selvage) ... maybe these sheets are on a A4 format, or more? It would be interesting to have confirmation of the existence of a real corner.

I don't have a lot of experience with Colin and Alan stamps, but I think that on the artwork sheet, the "variants" only concern the design of the central part of the stamp, the play with inversions not taking into account. (except for the special issue bonus). Otherwise it would be too easy ... LOL
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 03:11
As I said (above) have two pairs of stamps that make the right corner of the sheet. 
whether this is a real corner or not I couldn't say but it looks real.

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 04:12
Originally posted by elmstead elmstead wrote:

As I said (above) have two pairs of stamps that make the right corner of the sheet. 
whether this is a real corner or not I couldn't say but it looks real.

Its a real corner but not from the sheets of 15 standard + 1 variant. There would have been a sheet of mixed variants and standards stamps with that text on the selvedge
Perky View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Perky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 04:19
I wasn't able to buy Colin's stamps but I would love to see some pictures and it would help me to understand your thread comments about variants and selvedge etc.  It all seems so mysterious.

Surely no need to worry about spoilers anymore?

jerakeen View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote jerakeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 04:47
Originally posted by Perky Perky wrote:

I wasn't able to buy Colin's stamps but I would love to see some pictures and it would help me to understand your thread comments about variants and selvedge etc.  It all seems so mysterious.
Surely no need to worry about spoilers anymore?

I do not know if there are australian or asian friends among us ... the delivery times seem to be long enough for them ... Unhappy
elmstead View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote elmstead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2020 at 05:08
Dear Perky I can't see why you weren't able to buy Colin's stamps

The stamps, artwork first day cover and special delivery package are all available on Ebay.
just put in the search term Isle of Vue or Learnu

So this is why we are trying not to spoil the surprise for everyone waiting for their stamps and those who haven't spotted the variants.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>