Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isle of Vue 2019 & 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Isle of Vue 2019 & 2020
    Posted: 19 February 2019 at 22:32
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

At last!  This year's issue is out there  :-)

I've tried to mix it up this year, next year it's back to basics...

Thanks for looking  Smile

Having finally opened all of the many envelopes, and had time to realise quite how detailed everything is all I can say is that you, and not forgetting Alan have outdone yourselves

Colin its brilliant

Thank you

Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2019 at 01:56
Thank YOU Carol, you are very welcome    Thumbs Up 

I will pass on your comments to Alan!
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2019 at 11:51
Has anybody found Isle of Vue on the Laernu map yet?
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 07:47
I have been a bit slack going through this years Isle of Vue full set. And there's plenty to look at there.
Here are the post cards I had in my pack, but there are others. Could people share a picture of their's if it's not the same as these please.

Now I looked at those two barefoot spear-fishing soldiers, and thought 'photoshop job!' But surely they didn't have Photoshop in those days. Anyway, there's atale in them somewhere.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2019 at 09:06
I also got these miniature sheets and tete-beche pairings

A deep blue snake variant in the Early Bird gift - did anybody get a different colour?

An alternative ladder variant minisheet in the Forum members gift - did anybody get anything different

A minisheet of 2 regular stamps

A tete-beche pairing of a regular stamp and an alternative ladder variant
A tetebeche pairing of the grren no ship Sinduvarten stamp - anybody got anything different?

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2019 at 00:09
I have just updated my 'bite-sized' webpages listing Colin's significant issues to include this year's issue. Click here
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2019 at 13:38
This is a great issue from Colin and Alan and must have taken much preparation and planning. We learn much about Learnu and the Isle of Vue and we even get a map.

My special stamps were the same as Steve's except for my tete-beche pair which has the straight ladder. I have the same canal postcard but this Pagoda card:

Interestingly, we get to see the original postage stamp on which the main stamp is based. It is the Dominica definitive series issued from 1923 to 1933 and features the then seal of the colony and George V. Here is the 1d value:

Dominica 1d by Spicer57, on Flickr
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2019 at 07:51
Those soldiers crop up everywhere. Are the same pair, or are they selected because they look alike?
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2019 at 01:42
Just over six weeks before the William Lole Gardens are opened up to the public once more, with the Klifwanderlingen, the Bloemmen Jarden, Poezie Angulen and the Duwen et Trekken. What new attractions will be unveiled this year?
jerakeen View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote jerakeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2020 at 00:44
Hi !

Steve's comment makes me really impatient to receive the new 2020 creation! What a pity that I don't live in UK! I have to be patient, everything looks so superb!
And this is the first time that I will receive a color test sheet! Party

Thank you very much, Colin and Alan, for giving us so much 'cinderellastic' pleasure!
Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>