FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gerald King - Elizatoria - Great Britain

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
revorgneil View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote revorgneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gerald King - Elizatoria - Great Britain
    Posted: 10 January 2021 at 02:20
Thanks Keith.
Yes i appreciate due to what they are you can't be 100% sure of everything produced ** but those catalogues seem the ones i need to look for and the GB numbers tie with Jesper references.

Whilst communicating with a Gerald 'intermediary' re what Malta examples existed i asked in general about a certain set and if/how watermarks applied and i got offered a set in blocks of 4 identical to my query so i suspect there 'may'?.. be some made to order items, which is sad as the allure to the new modern re productions (where you can expect 'anything') is these were older original designs which could be indexed.

Attached the samples i feel may have been made to order.. unless anyone has seen else where? 

Malta Blocks 4

Thanks again.

Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2021 at 04:14
hi Neil

You ask about a reference.  You’ll be delighted to know that Gerald produced three catalogues (all A5).  They are

Elizatoria Great Britain. 161 stamps listed. 

Elizatoria Part 2.  Postage stamps of the new British Empire. Don’t know how many listed. Just 3 from Malta. 

Elizatoria. Postage stamps of the New British Empire. 12 Maltese stamps listed. 

Being typical Gerry King creations the catalogues are not exhaustive.  He would change the colours of some stamps but not change the catalogue. So you can never be sure that your collection is complete. Goodness knows where you can get copies of the catalogues from. 

The part sheet is, I believe, just that. Not a miniature sheet just a part of a sheet. So the individual stamps can be bought if you can find them. I’d not break up the block you have, it’s a good find I think. 

Cheers, Keith
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 08:04
Originally posted by revorgneil revorgneil wrote:

Just wondering if its too late to add on to this article?

It's never too late to add to any article on the Forum. And preferable to starting a second thread.
revorgneil View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote revorgneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2021 at 05:29
Just wondering if its too late to add on to this article?

Firstly amazing collection and thanks for the image uploads Jesper it was exactly what i was looking for - as i was looking to mount them in an album the obvious question was what spaces did i need to leave, i.e. what exists, your listing gives me a pretty good idea.

Can i ask is the numbering you use just yours based on the items in your collection or if there a reference somewhere, possibly by Gerald King on the items produced, or what i am really trying to get at is how complete the index (your collection is)  Smile

I've noted the various sizes which is slightly frustrating when trying to arrange on symmetrically on a page but apart from a couple of designs there is only a couple of different sizes per design.

I purchased the below recently on ebay which is the first i've seen as a sort of 'mini sheet' item, it looks like this accounts for the 'small' format designs.. just debating whether i add this as is as a mini sheet reference or break it up and mount separately - do you know if this is scarce in mini sheet form, assume you have seen before?

mini sheet

My second question is any of your material for sale?

My third question is are you able to do the same for the British Commonwealth?

I am primarily a Malta collector and initially started collecting the Malta issues but looking to expand but again would like an idea of what has been produced.

Many thanks,
Neil

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2019 at 07:48
The CSC has a publications page. My articles on Gerry's stamps were in Vol 57 No 3, Vol 57 No 4, and Vol 58 No1

I hope to post up some stamp pictures soon, some of which may be new to you and others.
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2019 at 05:52
Hi Steve,

Yes, I remember having read your articles for The Cinderella Philatelist in draft versions some weeks/months before they were published... really great stuff... 
Do you know where/how I can buy copies of the final versions of the articles (copies of the articles that were posted in The Cinderella Philatelist)?

There is an entire "Elizatoria - Part II - Postage Stamps of The New British Empire" collection produced by Gerald King. "Part II" consist of a couple of hundreds Elizatoria Cinderellas from "around the World"... 

I have most of the stamps (missing around 10-20 of them I believe) in my collection and will (one day when I find the time Wink) upload these stamps as well... 

Regards,
Jesper
www.cinderellafan.com
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2019 at 03:32
Great stuff Jesper.

I have looked in detail at the Wonderland and Snark Is issues, and wrote about them for The cinderella Philatelist (3 articles). But my collection boasts but a few of the Elizatoria. Could there be more of these?
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 10:45
Gerald King - Elizatoria - Great Britain - Picture 18 (No. 153 - 161)
www.cinderellafan.com
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 10:22
Gerald King - Elizatoria - Great Britain - Picture 17 (No. 144 - 152)
www.cinderellafan.com
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2019 at 10:20
Gerald King - Elizatoria - Great Britain - Picture 16 (No. 135 - 143)
www.cinderellafan.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>