Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events and meetings > What's going on?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone up for Stampex this year?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2019 at 21:24
Excellent - thanks Charles and Daniel - looking forward to seeing you there, and any other visitors we haven't met before  :-)

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

oookgirl View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote oookgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2019 at 22:47
Was it worth going?  

I am only interested in Discworld so is it worth me going only for that?  When is next year's event?
OK!!!
moist View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote moist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2020 at 07:03
Originally posted by oookgirl oookgirl wrote:

Was it worth going?  

I am only interested in Discworld so is it worth me going only for that?  When is next year's event?

I had hoped to get aalong to the 2020 Stampex Spring show but thought no-one had mentioned it on here, but have now found this, which kind of explains why no-one has brought it up earlier -

The Spring Stampex International 2020 show will be cancelled, due to the international exhibition London 2020 scheduled to be held in May. We are fully supporting London 2020 and in doing so didn't want Stampex in February to have an impact on footfall for the international showcase.

So who is going to the event in May then?

LONDON 2020
There will be a major stamp exhibition at the Business Design Centre in Islington, London from Saturday 2 May 2020 until Saturday 9 May 2020. This will be an International, granted FIP Patronage, with competitive classes in Championship, Traditional, Postal History, Thematic, Revenue, Postal Stationery, Aerophilately, Open, Picture Postcards, One Frame, Modern, Literature and Youth.

There are two Saturdays so even more accessible!

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2020 at 16:08
I'm sure I'll be going to Stampex London 2020 but from the programme of events, it looks dull, dull, dull. I see nothing to distinguish it from Stampex and there is a distinct lack of ambition. There are no external events (which, at least, was a saving grace of London 2010) apart from a bunch of dinners. It's a shame they didn't learn from the much better Europhilex 2015 also held at the BDC.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2020 at 23:38
Originally posted by Daniel Daniel wrote:

I'm sure I'll be going to Stampex London 2020 but from the programme of events, it looks dull, dull, dull. I see nothing to distinguish it from Stampex and there is a distinct lack of ambition. There are no external events (which, at least, was a saving grace of London 2010) apart from a bunch of dinners. It's a shame they didn't learn from the much better Europhilex 2015 also held at the BDC.

I presume you are talking about the 2nd-9th May exhibition. I should be avaialble for either Saturday, but which one are we thinking of.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 05:40
I'd be up for either Saturday...

Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 07:19
I'd like to join the crowd this year having missed some recent get-togethers but I would only be able to do the second Saturday as we will be in Newcastle the previous weekend for a concert in which my son Robbie is playing first clarinet in the University Symphony Orchestra on the Saturday evening.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2020 at 09:53
By May we may be in lock down with meetings restricted in numbers to one person
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2020 at 23:57
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

I'd like to join the crowd this year having missed some recent get-togethers but I would only be able to do the second Saturday as we will be in Newcastle the previous weekend for a concert in which my son Robbie is playing first clarinet in the University Symphony Orchestra on the Saturday evening.

Congratulations to Robbie, Joolz  Smile

Let's focus on the second Saturday then, and hope the virus hasn't wiped out all us older philatelists in the meantime!!!!

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2020 at 07:23
I have a suspicion that this event may be cancelled, don't you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>