Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Isle of Vue 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 23:29
Thank you too for providing us with dome great stamps and other material. I still haven't compiled a full listing (as far as one can say that for Laernu stamps). Aleays something new around the corner
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 22:31
SPOILERS
I forgot to scan this in last time but here is the research paper I received in my Isle of Vue package. Was there just the one example this year? Or do others have different versions?

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2018 at 22:42
I have the same. I believe its all on the two pages.

Which stamps did you get in and on the card? And on the Royal Mail envelope?
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 04:37
My Stampex card off Colin arrived today. Only 11 days by 1st Class Royal Mail! However, worth the wait as it is themed very nicely with this issue. Love the visual pun Colin; nice one.

Has anybody else noticed the tribute to Quilpusha, formerly an active member of the Forum and still missed?
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 09:20
Having failed to attend the annual gathering this year, I wonder whether I am still in line for a Stampex special this year? I will certainly be watching the post with interest over the next couple of days! That's if the London posties are willing to brave our treacherous icy pavements, of course.

I mentioned the reference to Peter Yorke (Quilpusha) that is on the back of one of the Swedko cards in my post earlier in this thread. Have you spotted another?
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 09:24
By the by, in answer to your earlier question about extra items and stamps on my Royal Mail envelope, the details are as follows:

SPOILERS

The tete-beche pair on my Valentine's card comprises a Floral Gardens variant (left-hand, upside-down) and a Poetry Corner standard (right-hand, right-way-up).

My early bird stamp is a pink Poetry Gardens different variant with what looks like two birds in the sky above the couple which I took (in the spirit of other variants) to be the lovebirds from the 2012 Isle of Vue issue.

My forum extra is a purple The Love Swing tete-beche variant pair, both stamps are JN inscription variants.

My colour test sheet looks like the one pictured on the ebay listing although the colours in Colin's pictures actually seem more vibrant than those on the sheet itself.

The stamps on my Royal Mail envelope seem pretty close in colour to the issued stamps but perhaps a slight shade paler. They are a vertical pair, which appear to be a The Love Swing standard above a Poetry Gardens variant.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 10:03
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

Having failed to attend the annual gathering this year, I wonder whether I am still in line for a Stampex special this year? I will certainly be watching the post with interest over the next couple of days! That's if the London posties are willing to brave our treacherous icy pavements, of course.

I mentioned the reference to Peter Yorke (Quilpusha) that is on the back of one of the Swedko cards in my post earlier in this thread. Have you spotted another?

Not another. I missed your reference
Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2018 at 10:14
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

Not another. I missed your reference
No worries. I didn't do much of a job of highlighting it. Just mentioned it in between the images. Shame though. I was hoping you had found another reference to the late great Pusha-da-Quil.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2018 at 22:19
Not strictly stamps, but for anyone who would like to know a little more about their 'Kameristen' photo cards there is now a Facebook information page...

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2018 at 05:00
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

Not strictly stamps, but for anyone who would like to know a little more about their 'Kameristen' photo cards there is now a Facebook information page...

Well worth a visit; a good read
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>