FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lord Roberts Memorial Fund Stamps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lord Roberts Memorial Fund Stamps
    Posted: 14 June 2021 at 05:11
Originally posted by bremhillbob bremhillbob wrote:

Maybe easiest to communicate directly - am I allowed to send my email address?  is there a personal message option?

Yes, click on the arrow next to the person's name and select Send Private Message 
bremhillbob View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote bremhillbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 05:08
Maybe easiest to communicate directly - am I allowed to send my email address?  is there a personal message option?
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 05:06
That's would be great.
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote bremhillbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 04:49
I don't have easy access to my stamps at the moment but I'm sure I could help.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2021 at 04:39
I am still missing 13 names from the second series. Is there anybody who can help?
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote bremhillbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 08:02
I've seen the 'Personality' stamps and have been slowly collecting them over time but I've never seen the descriptions before.

I have a list of all the names that I know of (from 2 sets) but I wonder if anyone has transcribed the text from the descriptions?
Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 10:21
Here is the album that I mentioned previously. Of the 3 official albums this is the most expensive one in Royal Blue with Gold blocking. As luck would have it, having looked through it for the first time in quite a while I discovered that, what I thought was a part set of the first series, was actually most of the second series. I think I may be missing about 6 stamps of the second series.

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 04:11
Much to my surprise, and seemingly little known, there was actually a second series of these stamps issued. Intended to consist of a further 144 stamps with 12 stamps per sheet, only 8 sheets were issued. So, there are a further 96. I B Redguy, a Cinderella  dealer and sometime member of this forum, shows many of these on his website, along with the first series so scroll down, and you can view them here:

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 04:03
Here is a link to a very informative website. It even lists the make up of each sheet:

Daniel View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2017 at 07:34
I forgot I had this item so I'm adding it here. The page is taken from one of the albums but someone has added the signature of Lord Roberts (FM for Field Marshal) from a letter. Even if it is some kind of autopen signature it is still a nice addition:

Signed Roberts by Spicer57, on Flickr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>