Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Selling, buying or trading cinderella stamps > Buying
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DISCWORLD STAMPS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote oookgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DISCWORLD STAMPS
    Posted: 27 June 2017 at 03:48
I have serious money waiting for a $5 "Brass Bridge" Blue Triangle SPORT.
OK!!!
staples View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote staples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2017 at 03:01
Let me say straight away that I do not have one of these stamps BUT having seen the request and unsuccessfully tried Googling to find out (it's been a quiet afternoon!) what might be the going rate for this stamp and does a price list or guide to second-market prices exist anywhere.

And if it doesn't exist then why doesn't someone create one? It sounds perfect for Discworld stamp collectors.
fair play
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 10:02
Originally posted by staples staples wrote:

Let me say straight away that I do not have one of these stamps BUT having seen the request and unsuccessfully tried Googling to find out (it's been a quiet afternoon!) what might be the going rate for this stamp and does a price list or guide to second-market prices exist anywhere.

And if it doesn't exist then why doesn't someone create one? It sounds perfect for Discworld stamp collectors.

The going rate for one of these is in the region of £1000 to £2000. I think I have only seen 3 or 4 offered for sale on that auction site in over 10 years.

Create one? That woild be sacrilege!! And possibly impossible to do it well enough to fool a collector. Reproducing that exact shade of blue would be difficult enough, and you would want to 'do' a Bath perforated version. These perforations are notoriously ragged. Just how do you reproduce that? And of course there would need to be some provenance.

Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 12:13
I know of one collector who claims to have both the Bath and the Wincanton perforated versions of this sport, and I've no reason to doubt him in this regard. However there is some widely held doubt that only ten of these sports exist.... Personally I believe that a few more have surfaced down the years.
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 12:26
Originally posted by Murgatroyd Murgatroyd wrote:

I know of one collector who claims to have both the Bath and the Wincanton perforated versions of this sport, and I've no reason to doubt him in this regard. However there is some widely held doubt that only ten of these sports exist.... Personally I believe that a few more have surfaced down the years.

That collector did publicise his album pages with both perf variants exposed. And, yes, there has been at least 1 example in addition to the original 10. What is unknown is how many of each perf variation are out in collections
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 12:39
I read Staples's comment about 'creating one' as a reference to the price guide not the stamp. Knowing that Staples is involved in copyright law I cannot believe he is suggesting producing fakes. I would have deleted the post immediately if I thought was the case.
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2017 at 12:45
Originally posted by Colin Colin wrote:

I read Staples's comment about 'creating one' as a reference to the price guide not the stamp. Knowing that Staples is involved in copyright law I cannot believe he is suggesting producing fakes. I would have deleted the post immediately if I thought was the case.

good point

I could provide a price guide to those interested
oookgirl View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote oookgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2017 at 05:43
Originally posted by oookgirl oookgirl wrote:

I have serious money waiting for a $5 "Brass Bridge" Blue Triangle SPORT.

Amended, following an idiotic request. From an idiot:

I have serious money waiting for a perforated $5 "Brass Bridge" Blue Triangle SPORT.  

Wincanton or Bath perf immaterial.

No more time wasters please  Angry
OK!!!
oookgirl View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote oookgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 01:32
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Create one? That woild be sacrilege!! 

Just how do you reproduce that?

In Photoshop of course!  Nice work Steve,  Good Luck with the chase.

OK!!!
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2017 at 02:04
What chase?   
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>