Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Events and meetings > What's going on?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stampex 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 22:52
Cry

Last year no one spotted me ! The only consolation this time is that I now know what Steve looks like having met him at Congress !

Hopefully I will be in the UK but nothing certain yet, it depends on my Mother and her house. I will be there if the trip goes ahead........but I'm not going to jump up and down this year !!!!

I hope you are all more chatty than you are on the forum......otherwise we'll be drinking a lot of coffee !!

Londonbus1 Wink
tomiseksj View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote tomiseksj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2017 at 00:48
Originally posted by Londonbus1 Londonbus1 wrote:

...I hope you are all more chatty than you are on the forum......otherwise we'll be drinking a lot of coffee !!

Londonbus1 Wink

Priceless! LOL
Steve Tomisek
APS#130102, SRS#1570, ATTS
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2017 at 04:55
Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

we are going to go to Newcastle so that Robbie can watch his beloved Toon play and fortunately it's going to be the following weekend for the match against Bristol City.

Lucky he wasn't hoping for a Cup match
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 00:28
Originally posted by Londonbus1 Londonbus1 wrote:

...I hope you are all more chatty than you are on the forum......otherwise we'll be drinking a lot of coffee !!

Londonbus1 Wink

I don't think many of the members come to the forum just to 'chat'. There are better places to do that - Facebook, Twitter etc; and many of the members who come to Stampex rarely ever contribute here, yet their enthusiasm for their collecting areas is very evident in person.  

There is usually a group of us who meet in the coffee bar during the morning and have done so now for around ten years.  

Over those years several collectors have joined our table who had not met us before - I think we are usually the more vocal of all the tables of people gathered there so should be easy enough to find.  

My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Joolz View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Joolz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2017 at 21:41
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Originally posted by Joolz Joolz wrote:

we are going to go to Newcastle so that Robbie can watch his beloved Toon play and fortunately it's going to be the following weekend for the match against Bristol City.
Lucky he wasn't hoping for a Cup match
I think fifth round weekend is the previous (i.e. Stampex) weekend. We had in fact seriously considered going that weekend, which would have been a real shame to miss the annual forum outing to Islington, but the Championship fixture is against Aston Villa, which will be a big game, being two big clubs and both relegated from the Premier League last season. Then Sky then selected it for live broadcast and moved it from Saturday afternoon to Monday evening which didn't work for us to go up to even though it is Robbie's half-term break. If we had gone for it and booked the match and rail tickets, and then Newcastle had beaten Oxford in the Cup, that would have been a total nightmare as everything would have changed again and I'd probably have had to book everything all over again including new travel arrangements. All in all, it's worked out perfectly that we chose the following weekend anyway. Now all they have to do is to beat Bristol City and Robbie will be happy.
Londonbus1 View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2017 at 10:51
I will be consoling myself with visits to other events as Stampex appears to have come just a bit soon for my trip. Another time I hope.

If anyone is around near the Southern England Stamp Show in Farnborough, Hampshire on March 10th-11th then do pop in. Looks to be a nice show.

Guinness World record in the making too........check it out !
Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2017 at 02:54
Profuse apologies for not making it to Stampex today. Circumstances conspired... 
I was looking forward to meeting up with you all.... and having a look at Colin's new Valentines issue. Never mind. Unhappy
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Colin View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 23:29
You were missed Charles.  

Maybe next year?  Smile
My Etsy shop - FarFetchedPhilately - new 'stuff' coming soon...

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FarFetchedPhilately

Murgatroyd View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Murgatroyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 05:12
Thanks Colin... I hope so! Smile
"I've got twenty minutes to save the world and I've got a Post Office, and it's shut." The Raggedy Doctor.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2017 at 05:46
I've received Colin's annual Stampex card posted at the event. And as usual its adorned with a mix of cinderella esoterica.

Nice to see that some Zeppelins and Ugly Cats got perforated, but the real teaser is a new Sporten - series 3. I am struggly to decipher the sport's Laernuan name but think it is Hissenbuntzen. I hope she knows how to wield that stick.

As its likely that each card had a different mix why not show us what you got.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>