Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Selling, buying or trading cinderella stamps > Trades, Swaps, or Exchanges
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

collection for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mikeyranson View Drop Down
Unmounted
Unmounted

Post Options Post Options   Quote mikeyranson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: collection for sale
    Posted: 11 April 2016 at 21:04
I'm writing on behalf of my father in law. He has a substantial collection of stamps from all over the world, most in albums and nicely laid out. Unfortunately, he has never made an itemised list. I have taken photographs of three albums. He has about 20 albums in total, plus a few thousand stamps loose, yet to placed in albums. I am hoping that he will do this now. Plus a few hundred presentation packs.
He is looking at selling the collection and my visit here is to seek advice and maybe attract possible buyers. 
The final problem here is that he and the collection is overseas, so viewing is not idealy possible. You could always go for a holiday and view if this was a thought for anyone.
As i have not knowledge in this field, i would appreciate advice on how to deal with this. I have looked at various websites but so many and no many opinions.
If you would like to view the photos i have, then please PM me. I need to upload these to some photo website so you can view all the photos. 
He started collecting in 1955. He was in the Royal Navy where he traveled the world. He has collected from his trips as well as buying from elsewhere. I will try and get more numbers from him in due course so bare with me on that
many thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply