Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Selling, buying or trading cinderella stamps > Market Place
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latest Issue - Isle of Anglesey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Angleseystamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 07:54
Well, thanks for all the messages. I'll certainly look into the potential sight issues with the next release (due out in December).

Glynn, I wanted a simple design for this set of stamps, so the outline of Anglesey seemed a natural choice. All future issues will probably be images I've taken.

There are also new stamps being produced for 3 other islands around North Wales at the moment, Llanddwyn Island, Puffin Island and Bardsey Island, due for release in December or early next year.

Thanks,
Martin
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 08:59
Do you research local posts and Cinderellas?

Those three islands have had other stamp issues previously
Angleseystamps View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Angleseystamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 09:01
They have, but not for a long time.
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 09:04
not so - do your reseach properly
Angleseystamps View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Angleseystamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 09:09
Please enlighted me. I can't seem to find any stamps ever issued for Llanddwyn, Bardsey's last issue was in the last 90's and Puffin Island's last issue was in 2000. But, I may have an old catalogue, please let me know if you know differently - thanks angleseystamps@gmail.com
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 10:04
Google
First entry for the right search.

or use

the forum's online listings
Steve View Drop Down
Unhinged
Unhinged

Post Options Post Options   Quote Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2015 at 12:24
Can I suggest you do some proper research on Cinderellas, rather than rely on a dealer's catalogue. Read up on why local posts are permitted or not permitted by royal Mail. Come up with a story to justify such stamps. Be inventive, otherwise collectors may think you are purely in it to make a quick buck off them.
My Welsh Oddities series have always been extensively researched. Many aspects of Cinderellas have been covered, always with a credible back story to bring them to life. Check them out. I have used new ideas, recycled older ideas, always with the intent of not repeating myself. Each issue offers something novel.
Perky View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote Perky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2015 at 00:09
Originally posted by Steve Steve wrote:

Can I suggest you do some proper research on Cinderellas, rather than rely on a dealer's catalogue. Read up on why local posts are permitted or not permitted by royal Mail. Come up with a story to justify such stamps. Be inventive, otherwise collectors may think you are purely in it to make a quick buck off them.
My Welsh Oddities series have always been extensively researched. Many aspects of Cinderellas have been covered, always with a credible back story to bring them to life. Check them out. I have used new ideas, recycled older ideas, always with the intent of not repeating myself. Each issue offers something novel.

Take a good look at the AskMeAboutStamps website, Anglesey Stamps  Embarrassed

Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2015 at 10:43
As an innocent bystander to what looks like a car crash can I say that there are a number of posts on this thread which look unreasonably terse.

I have Martin's Angkesey stamps and they are crackers. Great images, really professional production and not expensive.. He doesn't need to match colours to anything else than his own fancy. His back stories need be nothing more complex than "I like that lighthouse/bridge/stone circle etc. I'll photograph it and turn it into a stamp".   Martin seems to be the only forum member actually producing stamps now so maybe we should be pleased to see his widening range of issues.

Keith
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2015 at 00:38
Did you mean 'cracking' Keith, not 'crackers'!?  Big smile

It is very interesting that such a simple stamp design should provoke so much discussion here.

Keep up the good work Martin.  I have seen your other designs and you have much to be proud of.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>