Cinderella Stamps Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Cinderella Stamps > Cinderella Stamps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gerald King - Reference Materials...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 09:04
Catalogue for the 1st Printing (Front):

Catalogue for the 1st Printing (Front)

Catalogue for the 1st Printing (Back):

Catalogue for the 1st Printing (Back)

www.cinderellafan.com
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 09:19
Wonderland - 1840-1844 - 4 Plates:

Wonderland - 1840-1844 - 4 Plates
www.cinderellafan.com
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 09:36
Illustrations of the Christmas 1981 Issue:

Illustrations of the Christmas 1981 Issue
www.cinderellafan.com
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 09:58
Information about the Matrimonial Cause Stamps:

Informations about the Matrimonial Cause Stamps
www.cinderellafan.com
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 11:13
I have the following picture of the Wonderland (including Looking-Glass Land) printings:

1st printing: Perf 11 (Original Catalogue 1965, dealing with the first printings, large format, Black on coloured papers, Perf. 11 3/4)

2nd printing: Rouletted

3rd printing: Imperf.

4th printing: Perf 11 and Imperf.

www.cinderellafan.com
huffee View Drop Down
First Class
First Class

Post Options Post Options   Quote huffee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2015 at 21:32
How thrilling to see so much background information, truly a goldmine for a serious King collector!

What became, I wonder, of the Peter Blake painting referred to above?

Thank you for posting these materials JepserDK.
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2015 at 23:35
Originally posted by huffee huffee wrote:

What became, I wonder, of the Peter Blake painting referred to above?

Here is the Peter Blake painting on the 150th anniversary cover.  A limited edition of 500.

Keith
Keith View Drop Down
Mint
Mint

Post Options Post Options   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2015 at 00:26
Originally posted by JesperDK JesperDK wrote:

I have the following picture of the Wonderland (including Looking-Glass Land) printings:

1st printing: Perf 11 (Original Catalogue 1965, dealing with the first printings, large format, Black on coloured papers, Perf. 11 3/4)

2nd printing: Rouletted

3rd printing: Imperf.

4th printing: Perf 11 and Imperf.

I've discussed this with Gerry to try to get some better clarity.  But, as he says, it was 50 years ago and, as it was only a bit of fun, he wasn't keeping records.  But he can remember names!  So.

1st printing (1965, black on coloured papers) exists in at least two states.  Imperforate and P11.  Some of the printed sheets from Red Lodge Press, were "sent to Harry Rooke (Cinderella journalist for magazine "Stamp Collecting Weekly") who in turn sent them to someone who had a perforating machine.  They came back with at least two thirds badly perfed right into the design.  I never used this guy again as I by this time had been contacted by Dave Stirling who had his own machine and was much better at it; he did all my stuff after that."  My own collection has perf and imperf.  Some of the perforations are very scruffily done but I've no way, yet, of being able to point to the two different perforators.

2nd Printing (late 1970, black on 10 different coloured papers).  Added the 7 1/2 wink too late, the Weeping mock turtle and the 4 winks postage due.  The one and three wink Alice heads were printed in blocks of 4.  The sheets were box-rouletted 13 1/2 (but I don't know who by, the printers maybe as this issue seems to be always perforated.

3rd printing.  (mid 70s - a date anyone?) Coloured designs on coloured paper.  6 colours of stamps on 4 colours of paper - so 24 variants of each stamp for completists to look for!

Should we move this discussion to a new thread?  It doesn't seem to have much to do with reference materials any more!

Keith
JesperDK View Drop Down
Registered
Registered

Post Options Post Options   Quote JesperDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2016 at 05:39
Since it is Gerald KingĀ“s birthday today (81 years young) I thought I would post a very interesting letter I have in my collection. 

The letter is 52 years old (1964) and written by Gerald to Ken Lake (Ken Lake was one half of Lake and Brooks who produced the 'Year of the Child covers'. Apparently Ken died about 4 years ago).

The letter clearly shows Gerry's wit and humor. 

Gerald King - Letter to Ken Lake (page 1 of 2)

Gerald King - Letter to Ken Lake (page 2 of 2)

www.cinderellafan.com
Londonbus1 View Drop Down
Special
Special

Post Options Post Options   Quote Londonbus1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2016 at 06:45
Originally posted by JesperDK JesperDK wrote:

Information about the Matrimonial Cause Stamps:

Informations about the Matrimonial Cause Stamps

I have stamps inscribed 'Revenue Society of Great Britain that are very similar in design to these. Anyone seen them before ?

Glad of some help, thanks.

Londonbus1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>